macProVideo.com
Forums
  • in progress nick
    need help about paste/copy
    hello, i have a very stupid question but i need to solve my trouble about my copy/paste. my problem is this one: when i select samples (audio or midi), i use the key command cmd+C & cmd+V but it copies in the selected track & at the location of my "play line" (u know the line with the green triangle). i saw that we can copy & then adjust the location of the samples with the mouse & then paste. how can i do that? thank you in advance Nick
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: need help about paste/copy
    Hi Nick, To copy with the mouse: 1. Hold down the Option key (Alt) 2. Click in the middle of the audio or midi region and drag it. (As you drag the region, a little yellow help box displays some information: a. it should say Copy regions. b. it tells you the track number you are currently on. c. the name of the region d. the position in Meausres e. the length of the region anyway... 3. Drag the region to where you want to copy it & Release the mouse button. 4. Now release the Option key. All copied! Remember, if you make a mistake, CMD-Z (Edit > Undo) is your best friend ;) Cheers Rounik
  • in progress nick
    thank you so much rounik, you're like a teacher for me, everytime i need help about lgic, u are here, so i thank you so much. i have to try this out because i'll spend less time copyin & i'll be more creative. by the way my keyboard doesn't show me the option key (u know the little symbol), so if i understand well, the option key is the 'alt' located at the left of the space bar? i also have another question that is still stupid but important to know: how can i do to group some samples (a 4 beat kick imported from a drum hit sample cd)to one audio file. do i have to bounce the audio track to finally have a audio file or there is an option that can group those kicks in one global file. thank you guyz, u're really helpin me a lot. Nick
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Nick, No problem! Yes, the Option key has [i]alt[/i] written on it. You can use the Option and drag generally in OS X and all applications on the mac to copy elements. e.g. if you want to copy a file from a folder to your desktop, hold down option and drag it to your desktop. RE: 4 beat kick... Position all 4 beats as you like them in the arrange and either: 1. select them all and click on Merge in the Toolbar. or 2. set the locators (cycle area), solo the track and choose: File > Bounce... Cheers Rounik
  • in progress nick
    thank you again, i think that now i can work properly & do some good work on logic.... my debut are difficult but i'm about to do good stuff now have a great day Nick
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: