macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Champ Tokesalot
    accidentally closed midi part while 'muted'
    Now how do I get that midi part to work again? Can't seem to find out how to get the part to work again after closing song file while the midi part was muted. It is silent now, instead of playing my part. Thanks for all of your help! Peace.... Curtis
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: accidentally closed midi part while 'muted'
    Hi Curtis, there's up to 3 solo / mutes modes in Logic: Track mute mode (the m is highlighted on the track header in the arrange) and mutes all regions on the track. Region Solo mode. Press S on the keyboard or click on the solo button on the transport. Any regions selected will be soloed and have a yellow border to show they are in solo mode. If a region is not soled you will not hear anything Mixer Mute mode. Open the Mixer and check that a track is not muted in this mode. Mixer solo/mute is an instant tool. Also, check that your midi part that is not playing back has the correct output 1-2 selected in the I/O section and the instrument is not bypassed. Let us know if this helps, Rounik
  • Champ Tokesalot
    I will see if that works. Thank you. I had some midi notes playing my Voyager in an external midi track. I closed the song file while the Voyager's midi part was muted and now I can't get that midi part to play. I must have left it muted while working on something else. Now it is not playing the midi notes out to the Voyager. It is because I closed the song file and saved it while the external midi track was muted. But I can't figure out how to turn that part back on..
  • Rounik Admin
    Try out the different mute modes I mentioned in my previous post & let us know if that helps. If the MIDI region has a dot before it's name then select it and press M to unmute it and/or use the track mute button. Cheers Rounik
  • Champ Tokesalot
    That worked! Thanks for everything. Peace... Curtis
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: