macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kristoff
    Filter sweep on bass
    Guys, im trying to add a filter sweep via modualtion but not sure the best way to do this. I have tried various things and the most obvious would be to use the auto filter but I don't seem to get on with it. can anyone help? thanks Chris
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Filter sweep on bass
    Hey Kristoff If you have the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 tutorial check out chapter 189. Martin Sitter uses the Channel EQ to create a filter sweep. - open the Channel EQ. - Enable the hi cut (low pass) filter. - Play your track & move the frequency frm the right to the left... - When you're happy, enable automation on your track -select High cut freq as the parameter to automate - adjust the Q value to suit. - select 'touch' or 'latch' play your track and make the changes to the frequency value or manually drag the curve in the Channel EQ window. Note: Switcher the analyser on can lead to much fun while creating filter sweeps! Cheers Rounik
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Ah the old staple filter sweep. You can also use the autofilter, but put the Threshold at the maximum, so that the envelope doesn't trigger. You actually have less control over the sound but you might prefer this for a filter sweep function. Open the automation lanes in the arrange window by pressing A. Next you need to set the automation lane to control the filter cutoff. Select it in the box that indicates what the lane is controlling (should by default say "Volume"). Filter cutoff should be in Autofilter -> Cutoff. You can then click in the nodes in the arrange window over your audio region to create a filter sweep (either up or down). btw i might also add that the best filter i've ever used for sweeps is the Sonalksis TBK filter. They have a 30 day demo where you can try it (i did that, but i bought it after about 3 days). The sound quality is in my opinion the best you can get for a plugin.
  • Kristoff
    Thanks for the replies guys, This helps loads
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: