macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Champ Tokesalot
    recorded part ahead of time
    When I record my 303 output into my Motu 828 mk11 ch. 5 then into Logic, the audio is not late due to latency but ahead of the time it is supposed to be. If the first note is supposed to land on the downbeat of one, it is landing ahead of that once recorded. Not sure where to check to slow down that setting to get it to closer to the exact time. Are there settings in Logic that I can set to have it record closer to exact time or do I need to contact Motu? I appreciate all of your help. Peace... Curtis
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: recorded part ahead of time
    Hi Curtis, Click on the audio track and check the "delay" value in the Inspector. If there is a value there change it to 0. Also, check out Logic Pro > Preference > MIDI [sync] Do any of the delay values read greater than 0.0? Cheers Rounik
  • Champ Tokesalot
    Both of the delays in the Inspector and the Midi sync have been set on "0".
  • Rounik Admin
    do you have any plug-ins inserted on the channel strips you are recording onto or on the Output 1-2? What about settings on the Motu. Have you checked those? I'm wondering if it might be to do with PDC (plug-in delay compensation). Cheers Rounik
  • Champ Tokesalot
    I tried taking away the compressor on output 1-2 in Logic, then I checked my 828 settings which were set at 512 samples and the recording delay was set at "0" ms.. Then I tried at 128 samples with the recording delay set at "0" ms there was no change that I could notice. When I record the 303 or any other outboard synth the notes are being recorded almost a full 1/16th note of where it is supposed to be.
  • Rounik Admin
    1. Are you recording the audio or MIDI from the synths? 2. If audio, have you tried recording other audio signals? 3. What are your MIDI sync settings? In both: Logic Pro > Preferences > MIDI [sync] and File > Project settings > Synchronization [MIDI] 4. Is the "Delay transmission by..." bar set to zero ms? As a workaround in the meantime if the recorded MIDI notes are exactly 1/16 behind you can either move them all 1/16th forward or select the appropriate delay on the track in the Inspector to compensate. Cheers Rounik
  • Champ Tokesalot
    When I am recording the audio parts from quite a few different synths the result is still the same. Logic Pro > Preferences > MIDI [sync] settings- All MIDI Output: Delay 0.0 ms MIDI Time Code (MTC): MTC Pickup Delay: 0 frames Delay MTC transmission by: 0 ms File > Project settings > Synchronization [MIDI] settings- Sync Mode: Internal Frame Rate: 25 Auto detect format of MTC is checked Validate MTC: always Bar Position: 1 1 1 1 plays at SMPTE 01:00:00:00.00 Yes the "delay transmission.." is set to 0 ms.
  • Kwackman
    Probably a red herring, but are you trying to record at 1.1.1.1 (i.e. the very start of the timeline)?. Maybe run from the very start, but don't record until say Bar 3. Just in case Logic is trying to sync from something but not quite getting there immediately at the start. As I said, probably nothing to do with it, but if this sorts it then I'm claiming 10% of your first hit song!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: