macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DJMiller
    Restore a live recording
    Hi everybody, I've recorded last saturday one of my dj-set with a small Samsung hard-drive mp3 player. It record directly in mp3 with 192kbits. It gives quiet very good result. The only problem is that it is not possible to adjust the level of the rec input. As the mixer was set as loud as possible, it was a bit too high for the recorder and they're a lot of "clipping" during the recording, specially with the kick drum. It sound a bit "crrr crrrr". Music was electro house. I will work this file with logic 8. What should I do to get the sound as best as possible to master it to burn on CD. All your advice are welcome! Thanks for your help, Cheers, Jerome
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Restore a live recording
    Hi Jerome, Once you get clipping and the dreaded "crr crr" sound there's very little you can do. It's so important to adjust the record level first and make it louder later rather than the other try and un-distort distortion caused by clipping. If the clipping occurs in a certain frequency you could try using the channel EQ to attenuate that frequency band. But, otherwise, I don't think there's much you can do.... I've never tried this, but take the audio file into STP and if possible isolate the clipping noise then take a noise print and try to remove it. Problem is, I think you'll end up removing a lot of the frequency range that you want to keep too. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: