macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hizegau
    Managing Plug-in Settings
    I am hoping to resolve a plug-in setting management problem. I have placed all of my Logic plug-in settings on an external hard drive so that the project can be transported. I have placed aliases in my system folder so that that the settings can be accessed from within Logic. Here is the question: Is it possible to configure Logic so that the plug-in settings menu points directly to the external hard drive? In order to save settings, I must use "save as," navigate to the drive, and overwrite the preset I am working on. The "save" command is not an option. I am sure I am doing something wrong here so I would appreciate any advice. Randall
  • steveH
    Re: Managing Plug-in Settings
    Hi Randall, I suggest that you keep all of your user plugin settings where they're supposed to be: User/Library/Application Support/Logic And then, only when you need to transport them, [i]copy[/i] them to a transportable medium. But until that time, keep them in their proper place until the need arises! Another solution is to automatically back them up to your .MAC account. This is an option available in Logic 8: Preferences/Sharing... Back up all my settings on .Mac.... this will enable you to have access your settings for Channel Strips, Plug-ins and Key Commands anywhere there is an internet connection! Steve H.
  • Hizegau
    Thanks Steve for the advice. It is surprising though that Logic does not have the flexibility of placing plug-in settings wherever you want. Randall
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Randall, You could place them wherever you wish as long as you create an alias in the original location that points to where you move them... But, I'd suggest keeping them in the default location. Why would you want to move them? They don't take up much hard disk space at all. Of course, do back them up too ;) Roounik
  • Hizegau
    I'm interested in finding a more effective method for archiving different projects, as well as making them portable. If you have a project situated on a specific hard drive, it would be great to keep all the project files, audio files, etc, in the same location. Logic allows you to keep various files associated with a project folder, so why not plug-in settings? Randall
  • Togugei
    [quote:28326]Logic allows you to keep various files associated with a project folder, so why not plug-in settings? Randall[/quote] Because its not really very practical, thats why. You can make use of the 'save as' feature within each plug-in, in order to 'keep' your plug-in settings.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: