macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Larry
    Logic Studio - importing tracks
    I am new to DAW's; and have purchased Logic Studio. I recorded a rehearsal session on an Alesis HD24 recorder; then imported 16 tracks to my macbook pro desktop. I opened Logic and created a new 16 track session. It would appear, however, that I have to import each track individually? Is there a way to drag the entire 16 tracks into logic at once and have it populate the 16 tracks in Logic? Thanks for any advice- Larry.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Studio - importing tracks
    Hi Larry, There are a few different ways to achieve this. 1. Open the Audio Bin (press B) In the Audio Bin's menu choose: Add Audio File(s)... You can now select multiple audio files and import them. Once they are in the Audio Bin select them all (CMD-A) and drag them onto the arrange. or 2. Open a Finder window with your 16 audio files. Select them all. Drag them into the Arrange of Logic. Logic asks you if you want to use the existing tracks or create new ones... Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638]Hi Larry, There are a few different ways to achieve this. 1. Open the Audio Bin (press B) In the Audio Bin's menu choose: Add Audio File(s)... You can now select multiple audio files and import them. Once they are in the Audio Bin select them all (CMD-A) and drag them onto the arrange. or 2. Open a Finder window with your 16 audio files. Select them all. Drag them into the Arrange of Logic. Logic asks you if you want to use the existing tracks or create new ones... Cheers Rounik[/quote] Or use Logic's Browser (by default Key Command F). This way, you can navigate to your files and drag them to the arrange without going in the Finder. You can use Cmd-A to select them all as Rounik suggested. To select multiple files that are not grouped together, select the first file, hold down the Command key and select each files you want to add.
  • Larry
    Thank you, both! I realize that I am in front of my headlights here. I have purchased the Logic 8 101 tutorial and just need to work my way through it-and begin to understand and learn the program. Awhile back I posed the question of the best way to record our ten-piece band rehearsals. I started out by purchasing the Presonus Firestudio. Recently, I did find and purchase what I consider to be an excellent solution to recording our band rehearsals in the Alesis HD2400. It is a stand-alone solution with an analog feel. By using tip/ring cables, through the insert's on our Allen & Heath GL2400, we are able to record and playback during rehearsals. The analog interface means that I do not have to have my macbook pro (nor a mouse) involved in the process. During performances we can use the direct outs and free up the inserts. Thanks again for the help:-) Larry
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: