macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Imported apple loop has intermittent static/white noise
    I imported this loop from the soundtrack pro bank but when it plays back static cuts in. The sound wave is also not showing so I think the software is not creating a correct overview. How could I fix this? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Imported apple loop has intermittent static/white noise
    Hi Alex, What is the name of the loop? Also can you give your specs as well? (OS, version of Logic, etc) and how are you importing the loop, through the loop browser in Logic? Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    It is Forest 04 and I'm just dropping it in the track coming from the media browser. When I hear it in the browser it plays fine. Here are some of my specs: Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz Logic Pro is my version. Thanks
  • Christian L
    Are you in Logic Pro 7 or Logic Studio 8 ? The Forest loop you are trying to play is probably a .caf loop and Logic 7 can only play AIFF loops. Is that your case ?
  • Mobajii
    No, I have the latest version of Logic Pro 8. It definitely is a .caf loop, I just don't know why there is this glitch.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, I just tried out forest04 from the STP library in Logic 8. I also had problems with the loops but they're a little different. Did you get any of these? 1. Logic told me I didn't have sufficient access privileges to save overview. 2. The Channel strip changed to a surround channel strip. I then changed the output to 1-2 and the channel strip type (below the level meter) to stereo and the forest04 loop played back fine. By the way, when you say sounds of static - I thought this was actually the background sound of the forest ;) Forest05 has a lot more wind background noise than forest 04 for example. Is this what you're hearing? Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    I tried myself and everything is going fine with this loop. This is a surround loop so it is normal that the channel strip is changing to surround. I remember I had the "access privileges to save overview" once before with an appleloop... it was a soundtrack loop. Rounik, did you save your project before dragging the loop into the arrange window ? I think that was my problem.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Christian, I just tried it again, this time saving the project first and you're right...again ;) - when you save your poject first and then import the loop in no "access privileges to save overview" appear. Otherwise, same for me - changing the channel strip to stereo works fine. Does this work for you Alex? Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I tried all that and it still gives me static. My track is stereo... it has to be something with the overview because I'm not even seeing the soundwaves. Other loops seem to be working fine. I actually didn't get the "access" message.
  • Christian L
    The volume of this loop is very low. I need to use the Waveform Zoom button to see anything. Find the "Forest 04.caf" loop with Spotlight and try opening the file in Quicktime. Does the file play all right ? Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: