macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Re: Imported apple loop has intermittent static/white noise
    Yea the audio plays fine when I drop it into quicktime. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, When using the waveform slider button in Logic, can you still not see the waveform? Also, are you using Logic 8.0.1? Have you installed any updates such as ProKit 4 update and/or any others? Can you try importing the forest loop into STP or Garageband to see if it behaves the same way. Cheers Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Hi Rounik, The waveform doesn't appear even if I slide into it. I'm running 8.0.1, I haven't installed updates like Prokit. In STP I also just see straight lines in surround, there's no static or sounds in general. I even tried looping the first few seconds in my project because there were no loud static pops but then it just starts to do it even in the loops. Thanks Alex
  • Christian L
    One thing you could try is to reinstall the Appleloops from your Logic DVDs. Christian
  • Mobajii
    I just imported the dvd's and unfortunately it's still giving me this problem. I thought that would of been the solution as well. Thanks Alex
  • Mobajii
    I tried it with another soundscape loop that I can see the waveform and still had the same problem. So maybe the forest waveform is not the problem and it's just so low that it looks like a plain line.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alex, Yes, I agree. Don't think the waveform is the issue. Are you definitely changing the channel strip from a surround sound to a stereo one? Also, have you tried repairing permissions? Quit all your applications. Go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility Select your main HD Click on Repair permissions. Restart your mac. This may not help - but it's good maintenance anyway ;) Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Thanks for the help Rounik..I tried everything and still no luck. I even opened it in another project and it worked fine so I tried importing from that project and still the same problem. I gave up because I had a deadline but I'm just hoping I don't run into that problem again with a different project.
  • steveH
    [quote:1687]I tried myself and everything is going fine with this loop. This is a surround loop so it is normal that the channel strip is changing to surround. I remember I had the "access privileges to save overview" once before with an appleloop... it was a soundtrack loop. Rounik, did you save your project before dragging the loop into the arrange window ? I think that was my problem. [/quote] Christian... you rock!! I was wondering about that myself. Thanks! Steve H.
  • Christian L
    [quote:4039] Christian... you rock!! I was wondering about that myself. Thanks! Steve H.[/quote] Hey thanks! I'm glad I could actually show something to you! :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: