macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kaz153
    Software Monitoring - to Monitor or Not?
    So, I have the very fantastic sounding Apogee Duet and am a little confused. They direct you to not use software monitoring, but as a guitar player I am very interested in using the built in amp presets (mainly for scratch tracks). My question - how do I use software monitoring with no latency with the duet OR how do I monitor the processed signal with software monitoring turned off? Hope this makes sense. MBP 2.2 GHz 4 GB Ram Tiger Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Software Monitoring - to Monitor or Not?
    Hi Kaz153, You can lower the latency to an acceptable level by choosing as low a I/O buffer setting from: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Device] Try the 32 or 64 buffer settings to see what is good for you. The Lower the setting, the less latency, but the more strain put on the mac. Be aware that some effects plug-ins can cause latency, for example Space designer, Ad limiter etc. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kaz153 Just saw this info on another forum - think it might apply to your duet issue. You need to install Maestro & change your Maestro mixer settings to monitor through the Duet. Let us know if that helps. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    There are great tutorials on Apogee's website that show you how to use Maestro for monitoring. You can check them out here : [url]http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/duet.php?section=support[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: