macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Peter Broekhuizen
    Re: Scoring: layout trouble
    Hi to everybody, I'm a step further narrowing down the problem, with a lot of help from the guys of the Logic helpdesk in Ireland. It looks like a bug in the program. As I told you, I use the program for orchestra arranging. For that purpose I bought a 23" Apple display to be able to oversee the score. I can actually see two page next to each other horizontaly. When I do so, the layout problem is there. When I try to drag down a bar in the first line of page 2, the only little message I get at the point of the layout tool is "move bars upwards" even when I clearly drag downwards with the clicked mouse. This moving up of bars actually happens, so this is the jamming of the bars on the last line of page 1 I was telling about. The problem disappears when I make the score window (cmd 3) a little smaller by hand, so only one page is fitting in and page 2 comes up underneeth page 1. In this mode the layout tool works perfectly with no problems what soever. Who would have thought of this? There is no way you can reproduce the problem if you don't have this wide 23" screen and use the whole display (maybe it also occurs when you use 2 20" screens simultaniously, I don't know). The guys of the Logic helpdesk in Ireland are going to rapport this bug to the Logic engineers. I'll soon get a message what they will do about it. I sincerely hope they take it seriously and fix it, so I can use the 23" screen for the purpose I bought it: to create a better overlook of the score. It would help me and a lot of my colleagues a lot. I'll keep you informed. Cheers, Peter
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Scoring: layout trouble
    Hi Peter, I'm really glad there is a work around. Hope they fix the 23" screen issue with the score editor as you describe. Let us know if there are any further developments. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: