macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    stylus rxm multi-output
    The stylus rmx tutorial for setting up multi outputs in Logic requires a master channel be created in the arrange window (after setting things up for multi-outputs in the environment window) using an audio instrument track. The tutorial uses Logic 7 in which the user simply clicks and holds the track name (say, instrument 2 or whatever) and is able to choose from there. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do this in Logic 8. Logic 8 doesn't have that function - simply clicking and holding the track name and finding the kind of track you need. The result in Logic 7 via the tutorial: the multi is created with instrument 1 - 8 outputs assigned to midi channels 1 through 8 in the environment window, and instrument 2 is set up as the master channel in the arrange window. How does one set up a master channel for Stylus RMX in Logic 8? Man, I'd really appreciate an answer if some understands what I am referring to. Thanks, much appreciated! SG
  • Christian L
    Re: stylus rxm multi-output
    Hi SG, I think you are trying to create a multi channel instance of Stylus RMX... not multi output. I'm I right ? Try right-clicking (or ctrl-clicking)on the track name and naviguate to the proper channel. I use Stylus RMX everyday so feel free to ask me if you have any questions about it! Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi SG Yup, Christian's spot on! Another quick way to create the RMX Multi instrument channels in the Arrange after you have created Channel 1: 1. Select the Channel 1 you have just created. 2. Use the key command Option-CMD-M to create the next MIDI channels from 2-8. Cheers Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Christian, Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I was referring to multi instrument channels and not multi outputs. Yours and Rounik's comments helped me tremendously. After a lot of work, I am finally getting somewhere with this. Thanks again. Very, very much appreciated. cheers, sg
  • Christian L
    Stylus RMX is great! I love it! Feel free to ask me if you have any question about this plugin! Take care! Christian
  • Fratts
    Hi, new to the forum and have just purchesed Stylus RMX to go with Logic. I have no problem setting it up as a multi timbrel instrument, only problem with this is I cannot add Logic EQ / Effects to each MIDI channel instance of Stylus. The Spectrasonics video shows how to set it up in the environment in Logic 7, but not in 8. Do I need to follow the same procedure as mentioned above? I want to use Stylus in the multi timbrel mode but be able to effect each individual channel. Thanks for any help, advice you can offer! Cheers...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fratts, Welcome to the forum! Yup, set it up as above for multi-timbral qualities... Make sure you have selected a Multi-output version of Stylus RMX when loading it on the I/O of the channel strip. 1. In the Mixer find the RMX channel strip. At the bottom right you will see a little + button. Click on that to create new aux tracks. There will be one aux track in Logic's Mixer for each of your RMX outs (maximum of 8). 2. Open Stylus RMX. 3. Go to the Mixer page. 4. Under the Mute and solo buttons are the OUT... A, B, C etc 5. select the different alphabetical routings to correspond to the numeric ones in Logic. That's it. You can now add effects from Logic to each output from RMX. Let us know if you need any more help. Cheers Rounik
  • Fratts
    Thank you, I just found a similar post by you I think by searching. By following this process, will I still have 8 individual MIDI channels in my arrange page? If not, how do you transfer all the programming in to Logic, hope that makes sense? Thanks again for the help!
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:45084]By following this process, will I still have 8 individual MIDI channels in my arrange page? [/quote] Yes! You need those to place the regions (programming) on to from RMX. The Aux channels won't read any region data as they are not audio or soft inst. tracks. They will allow you to place effects on and to mix the individual outputs from RMX. Try it out and let us know if that makes sense. Cheers, Rounik
  • Fratts
    ahhh, I see - will give this a run tonight, it's been frustrating the hell out of me for the last week! Cheers again...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: