macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Christian L
    Re: stylus rxm multi-output
    [quote:45084] By following this process, will I still have 8 individual MIDI channels in my arrange page? If not, how do you transfer all the programming in to Logic, hope that makes sense? [/quote] You will also want to set up a multi timbral Stylus RMX so that you can control all 8 channel on the arrange. Setting up multi output is not enough. I explained how to do this in this thread : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=5121&sid=#5127[/url] Also watch the "RMX and Logic" video on the spectrasonics website here : [url]http://support.spectrasonics.net/instruments/rmx-tutorial-videos.php[/url] Christian
  • Fratts
    Thanks Christian, will try this tonight - Is the video on Spectrasonics site now geared towards Logic 8? Not got my reg details with me at moment. It's Logic 7 on my DVD, and I couldn't translate it in to Logic 8.
  • Christian L
    No it's still logic 7 but the procedure is the same for multi timbral. Basically, you'll want to set up a multi timbral (or multi instrument) RMX so that you can control all 8 parts in the arrange. If you also want to use multi channel, so that each part is playing on it's own individual AUX, than you will also want to use multi channel. This last setup is now easier in Logic 8. Tell me if you have any questions! Christian
  • Fratts
    last question Christian, When I get to point 5, do I create a new audio or instrument track? and then how do I select the proper midi channel of the multi instrument? Really appreciate your help with this!!
  • Christian L
    You just right-click (or control-click) on the track name and select the correct RMX midi channel you want (1 - 8). This step is different in Logic 8. in Logic 7 you would click and hold on the track name. Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Fratts, Another quick way of creating the next track in Logic 8: 1. Select the track header. (e.g. Multi 1) 2. Double click on an empty area of the track list. (Multi 2 is created). 3. Select Multi 2 and double click on an empty area of the track list to create Multi 3. etc etc. Rounik
  • Fratts
    Cheers Rounik, I was aware of that little trick - and thanks again Cristian, this will be saved as a template as soon as I get it right!!
  • Fratts
    Thanks for all the help again guys, got it working!! Really pleased with that...... It's saved as a template, phew..
  • Christian L
    No problem! Have fun with Stylus! Christian
  • nickmur
    Hi Christian - I've been trying to set this up to. I have it working now but I want to clarify something with you because it seems a bit clunky. Should there be 8 MIDI tracks AND 8 aux tracks? So you have your 'drag n drop' midi loops on those midi tracks from creating the multi, and then you also have to have 8 more aux tracks to add and automate inserts. Is this correct? So if I have 8 loops in my RMX, I will have 15 tracks set up in my arrange window (because track 1 acts as both midi and aux)? Please verify if possible. Thank you very much!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: