macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: stylus rxm multi-output
    Hi Nick, You've got it right. 8 MIDI tracks in the Arrange where you drag and drop stylus rmx loops/regions onto. 8 Aux tracks - one for each channel from rmx. This means you can insert specific Logic effects to each track from rmx. If you want to automate these aux tracks then they need to be in the Arrange, otherwise you can keep them in the mixer. If it's taking up too much screen estate then you can hide some channels or even better put then in a folder. Cheers Rounik
  • Fratts
    Ahh cool, can you drag Aux channels from mixer in to the arrange page? Didn't know you could do that!!
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:45084]Ahh cool, can you drag Aux channels from mixer in to the arrange page? Didn't know you could do that!![/quote] Not quite. From the Mixer you can drag across the channel names to select them and then select Options > Create Arrange Tracks for selected channels. From the Environment you can use the Midi thru tool or drag an Aux track onto an [i]existing[/i] track. It won't create a new track but overwrite a selected track. Cheers Rounik
  • Fratts
    excellent, thank you!
  • nickmur
    perfect. thanks guys :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Fratts & Nick No problem! Enjoy RMX! It's such a joy to play around with! Best Rounik
  • Frenchtoast
    Hi guys, I'm new, a logic beginner and I don't speak a very good english, so please excuse my mistakes... I was looking for an answer to my problem with Stylus RMX used as a multitimbral instrument in Logic, and how to make automations with each track seperatly. I'm just beginning to understand how it works (with the aux channel you need to create to do the automations). But I have still a few questions to ask you : I wonder why when I put an aux track into the arrangement window it creates automatically an instrument track in the mixer that works as the first stylus track (I have like 7 tracks in the mixer that represents the kick, which is pretty useless !). And I also need to know how you can create a master track for stylus in logic to control the volume of the whole drums ? I hope I was clear enough, sorry to bother you with my bad english but french forums sucks ! Thank you Cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Frenchtoast & welcome to macProvideo forums! How do you put an aux track in the Arrange? When i do this from the Mixer by selecting an Aux track and choosing Options > Create Arrange tracks for selected channel strips, an instrument track is NOT created in the Mixer... Can you take a screen shot of the Mixer and Arrange and post it here? To have a master track to control all the drums of Rmx or any multiple channel strips you can do a few different things: Either, after you have mixed the Aux channels you can group them by selecting them all and above the pan pot and Automation mode there is a grey box. click on it and assign them to a group. You can change the group settings in the group window that appears. Or.. (and a better method for what you want i think) Assign the outputs of the Aux channels to the same Bus... e.g. Bus 10. Bus 10 will now appear in the Mixer. You can add compression or any effect plug-in to all the drums, alter the volume and pan too. It also enables you to automate all the drums (after you add the Bus to the Arrange) and you can still mix the individual RMX parts regardless. Hope this helps :-) Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    by the way, you may be interested in Steve H's Logic TNT 2 tutorial. In September and October's tutorials he shows many tricks for controlling and automating multi-output instruments including RMX. Really useful IMHO. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8303tnt2[/url] But feel free to ask any questions here regardless ;-) Rounik
  • Bj
    Hi Frenchtoast, Also, I would like to suggest, that SpectraSonics have some very excellent Videos for registered users of Stylus RMX... and one that may be of great interest to you could be the ' RMX and Logic' video... could be just what you are looking for. Pop over to their site and have a look... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: