macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gc104
    Surround output matrix in the environment
    Following the instructions in your dvd on configuring the surround output matrix in the Environment you state that you can create " a new audio object" . This item, audio object, does not appear in Logic 8. Can you advise on how to create this? Gary
  • Christian L
    Re: Surround output matrix in the environment
    Hi gc104, Can you tell me what video # you are referring too ? Christian
  • Christian L
    Ok... I see, it's in the Logic for Video editor tutorial. You don't need to do this anymore in Logic 8. As soon as you set a channel strip to surround (by selecting surround in the I/O section of a channel strip), the master fader is automatically set to surround. It's easier now with Logic 8! Christian
  • gc104
    Christian, Thank you for your reply. Further questions are: When I bounce in surround sound I only end up with two files. Compressor has a grid for 6 audio files. How do I create my surround song into 6 separate audio files. Thanks, Gary
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Gary, Make sure your output channels are set to Surround and go to File > Bounce... In the Bounce window select "File Type" as [i]split[/i] and make sure "Surround Bounce" is ticked. Cheers Rounik
  • gc104
    Hello Rounik, I have done as you stated and I still only end up with 2 AIFF files " Surround R and Surround L ". My audio preferences were set at 5.1 surround,and in bouncing I used split file type and ticked the surround bounce box. Should I be using PCM as the destination format? Please help. Thanks, Gary
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Gary, Yes, PCM should be the destination. The settings I use are: Aiff or wave 24 bit sample rate of your project Split file type Surround Bounce On. Try unticking MP3 and other destinations. Does it work now? Rounik
  • gc104
    Hello Ruinik, I have tried all of the above. I continue to bounce just two l and r aiff files. I am totally at a loss. Gary
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Gary, I've been puzzling over this, and think I may have found the reason... Are you using an audio interface with just stereo outputs or the built-in audio? I switched my setup to using the built-in audio and could only bounce a surround project into two separate L and R files. Best, Rounik
  • gc104
    Yes, I am using the built in audio. How does this impact on it? What would I need to do to correct this? Thanks, Gary
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: