macProVideo.com
Forums
  • brezerkr
    cheerleaders use logic?
    does anyone have experience, remixing pop music, into those techno- montages cheerleaders use,in logic? my niece asked me if i could help her school,as the only one doing this in town costs 300$for a 3 minute piece.i use logic to record rock music, and i hav'nt reason to use timestretch so any point in the right direction is helpful.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: cheerleaders use logic?
    Hi We don't really have a culture of cheerleaders here in the UK, but i think i know what you mean... If you want the tempo to be standardised between pieces in the montage (much like a DJ set, then Logic may not be the easiest way to do this, but... You need to figure out the tempo of each piece of music, you can either timestretch the region to fit the desired tempo: 1. Import the piece of audio into Logic. 2. You don't know the tempo, listen to it and cut out a four bar region of it. 3. Drag it to a new track on Bar 1. 4. If it matches the four bars of your existing tempo in Logic - wow - you've been lucky ;) Otherwise change the tempo in the Transport to the tempo you want the region to play at. 5. Set the locators from 1 1 1 1 to 5 1 1 1 ( a four bar loop) 6. Go to local menu: Audio > Adjust region length to locators 7. Listen to the end result - and if it's not great, try some of the different algorithms in Audio > Time Machine Algorithms> --- or you can convert each region into an Apple Loop: 1. Find the tempo of the region either using the BPM plug-in. Or 2. cut out a perfect four bar loop from the region. 3. Place it at Bar 1 on a new track. 4. Set the locators to cover bar 1 to 5. 5. Go to Options > Tempo > Adjust tempo using region length and locators 6. Select "Globally" from the new window and your project tempo changes to the tempo of the region. Now convert the main region into an Apple loop making it a looping apple loop and re-import the apple loop version. You'll need to do this for all of the pieces in the montage if you want the project tempo to remain the same. For much much clearer steps and more explanation I'd really recommend the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 tutorial video: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Chapters 42-52 deal with time stretching in detail and chapters 72-78 deal with Apple Loop Creation. If you need any further help, let us know ;) Rounik
  • Dj Marc Atkins
    Isn't there a bpm counter in logic? I'm sure it's in the logic plugins under helper. If you import a piece of audio in to logic and play it the bpm counter will tell u the speed. Obviously this will only work with tracks with a strong consistent beat. But once u know the speed of the track things may be easier. TRUST ME THIS THING YOU WANT TO DO IS MUCH EASIER IN ABLETON LIVE! I KNOW I DJ WITH IT!
  • Revo
    would def second marc on that one.... ableton live will suit your needs perfectly as it has probably the best time stretching algorithm in the business (it is also easy to use!)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: