Re: add movie...
to make one movie from two in Quick Time pro:
1. choose Edit > Select All to select the entire contents of the first movie.
2. Choose Edit > Copy, then open the second movie.
3. Move the playhead to the point at which you want to insert the movie (usually the very beginning or end of the original movie), and choose Edit > Paste.
4. Choose File > Save As to name and save the new movie.
To cut or copy pieces from a movie to create separate scenes you need to use the in/out marker selection.
Position the mouse cursor over the bottom part of the timeline. You'll see the In/Out markers appear.
1. Move the playhead until the desired frame appears, or select the part of the movie you want to modify (use the In and Out selection markers and the arrow keys).
2. Choose Edit > Copy
3. Select New > Player
4. Choose Edit > Paste and save as...
Repeat these steps until you have the 3, 9 minute parts.