macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeck
    add movie...
    hello i ve got a video in 2 parts ,one is 15 minutes and the other 12 minutes. but they have top be together. cuestion : can i import both in the same logic 8 project? how can i do this ? thanks Hector
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: add movie...
    Hi Hector, You can't have more than one movie in Logic per project. You could join them together in Garageband or Quicktime Pro. If you need any more help let us know. Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    In Garageband too? Didn't know that! Hey Hector, if you're scoring this movie, I highly suggest that you break it down into video scenes! It makes it much easier to navigate and score. Also, use a low res version in Logic which will speed up the process and free up CPU at the same time. Steve H.
  • jeck
    thank you again Rounik i will try Hector
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:4039]In Garageband too? Didn't know that![/quote] Oops!!! I meant iMovie 8-) Rounik
  • jeck
    thank you steve yes as martin said in his video editors,t i have converted it into a mpg 4 movie. the people that i work for send me 2 files but the scene is cut in half .so first i have to glue those and then cut in smallers scenes,they has to be 3 ,9 minutes parts how can i do this thank you Steve by the way i saw your last TNT yesterday you always put me in a new perspective thank you for your knowledge,and patience Hector Villazon
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Hector, to make one movie from two in Quick Time pro: 1. choose Edit > Select All to select the entire contents of the first movie. 2. Choose Edit > Copy, then open the second movie. 3. Move the playhead to the point at which you want to insert the movie (usually the very beginning or end of the original movie), and choose Edit > Paste. 4. Choose File > Save As to name and save the new movie. To cut or copy pieces from a movie to create separate scenes you need to use the in/out marker selection. Position the mouse cursor over the bottom part of the timeline. You'll see the In/Out markers appear. 1. Move the playhead until the desired frame appears, or select the part of the movie you want to modify (use the In and Out selection markers and the arrow keys). 2. Choose Edit > Copy 3. Select New > Player 4. Choose Edit > Paste and save as... Repeat these steps until you have the 3, 9 minute parts. Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    Hi Hector, When the whole movie is together, load it into Logic and then isolate different scenes using the cycle area. Then, when you "export audio to movie", Logic will only export the part that is within the cycle area! Now you can create a bunch of scenes as separate little movies! This is especially easy when there is a a visual timecode burn in... I always ask for it from the editor! Steve H.
  • jeck
    thanks rounik and steve hector
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:4039]isolate different scenes using the cycle area. Then, when you "export audio to movie", Logic will only export the part that is within the cycle area! [/quote] That's a great tip Steve! Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: