macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    Tempo change
    hi, i was wondering when i change the tempo of a certain song, does it also change the tempo of all the audio loops that are recorded such as vocals or guitar Please help, Abhi
  • Christian L
    Re: Tempo change
    Hi, If the "Follow Tempo" box is checked in the Inspector, the audio will follow the tempo automatically. When this box is checked, you can also transpose the audio using the "Transposition" parameter. Please note that the "Follow Tempo" box is not available for imported audio files. A simple solution to this is to bounce the audio and check "Add to Audio Bin". Import the audio back from the AUdio Bin into the arrange and the "Follow Tempo" checkbox will now be available. Christian
  • Logic Ninja
    Hi, i bounced my recorded audio file and saved it in the audio bin, but still there was no follow tempo option in the inspector window. i actually checked my apple loops for this option but they didn't have it either, although they did have the transposition parameter. Please help Thanks, Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:29167]i actually checked my apple loops for this option but they didn't have it either, although they did have the transposition parameter. [/quote] Have you definitely selected the region not just the track? If you select the track only with no selected regions the Midi Thru box in the region does not show the "follow tempo" option, but does show the "transposition" function. If you select the region the Midi Thru area become the [i]Region Parameter box[/i] and displays "Follow Tempo", "Loop" and "Transposition". Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:29167] i actually checked my apple loops for this option but they didn't have it either, although they did have the transposition parameter. Please help Thanks, Abhi [/quote] Actually, you don't need to check this box for appleloops. Appleloops are designed to follow tempo automatically. The "Follow Tempo" option is useful when you record audio (guitar, bass, drums...) in Logic. Christian
  • Logic Ninja
    thank you guys, that helped a lot! Abhi
  • Logic Ninja
    Sorry to bother you again but i have another question. Is it possible to use the follow tempo option on a audio file that has already been time stretched? Abhi
  • Logic Ninja
    another question just poped up. is it possible to make an apple or midi loop not follow the tempo of song. Apple
  • Christian L
    [quote:29167]another question just poped up. is it possible to make an apple or midi loop not follow the tempo of song. Apple[/quote] An appleloop will always follow the tempo of your project. A solution would be to bounce it to a standarf AIFF audio file. Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:29167]another question just poped up. is it possible to make an apple or midi loop not follow the tempo of song. [/quote] Another solution: 1. Select the apple loop and choose: Region > Add to Apple Loop Library... 2. In the Apple Loop window make sure you select: [i]One Shot[/i] and not Looping. 3. Set your meta data choose a new name and click Create. The Apple Loop can now be found under "My Loops" in the Loop Browser and will not conform to changes in tempo by default. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: