macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Sharing Tracks b/w Different Projects
    Hello again everyone:) Heh Rounik and Christian:) How ya doin? I've been reading up on the Logic manual, but I'm still having trouble transferring one track from one project to another. The specific regions that I want from one project CAN'T be dragged into another project, can they? I mean, they can be dragged but they will be pasted over regions in the other project where I don't want them. I can't seem to get them to be dropped at the very bottom (last track made) area. I then just copied and pasted which worked, but, is there a way that I can also get the exact SETTINGS from one project to another? Do you understand my poor logic talk? hahahahaha:) Thanks guys. Jodie p.s. Gimme your email addresses, and I'll send you my very FIRST WORLD PREMIERE of my first Logic Pro 8 project, and tell me what you think. p.s.s. It's by my Japanese band, so the it's all sung in Japanese! Oh my! I don't even know what they're saying! hahahahaha:)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sharing Tracks b/w Different Projects
    Hey Jodie, I would recommend the copy and paste command. Works fine when transferring regions between projects. To transfer settings you could save channel strip settings and open them in the new project. That's an easy way to transfer a few settings. Alternatively, 1. open the Mixer window and choose: Options > Copy Audio Configuration 2. Open the new project. 3. Choose Options > Paste Audio Configuration Cheers ;) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Rounik. What' up? Thanks for the advice about the Copy Audio Configuration. It worked but when I played the song back only the regions that were copied via the copy/paste audio configuration could be played back. The original songs regions/tracks couldn't be heard! Is that strange? Also, how do you save channel strip settings? I've looked everywhere! Thanks again for your help. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Have you checked that the regions are not muted or their channels in the Mixer and the Arrange. Saving Channel strip settings: 1. Click (and hold) on the "Setting" button at the very top of the Channel strip to see the channel strip setting menu. 2. It's the same as the menu in the Library, but you have extra options, such as, "save Channel Strip setting as..." Cheers, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: