macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jackstar
    Samples getting white noise after re-opening Logic
    I have been given some samples to do a remix which came as aiff files. I loaded them in as a sampler instrument like normal and everything is cool. The problem is that once I save the track then open Logic all the files that were given to me have this screeching white noise sound. I checked the waveforms on all the samples and they all have this white noise. I have made the sampler instrument 3 times now and its fine to work on the track but once its saved then opened again its corrupted. I have asked a few friends about this and no one has a clue. Anyone have ideas ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Samples getting white noise after re-opening Logic
    Hi Jackstar, Have you tried importing the aiff files into the audio bin of a new project and converting them into new audio files? Then using those to create a new sampler instrument. Can you list the OS X version and Logic Version you are using too. Out of interest, are you working on surround or stereo projects? Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, Is this with the EXS24 ? Are the files playing correctly in the Finder ? As always, feel free to post your project using [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] so we can take a look (... and a listen) and help you further. Christian
  • Jackstar
    I'm using Logic Pro 7 on OSx 10.4.9 The aiff files I copied from my MacBook Pro on CD then imported them onto my desktop on the iMac. I load them into a sampler instrument on EXS24 like I have done hundreds of times before. The samples play perfect and I can work all day but once Logic is shut down then re-opened only the remix files from the CD are messed up. I have played the files in iTunes and they play ok and also on my Pioneer CDJ. I am gonna go to the studio now see it was just a crazy "computer glitch". P.
  • Christian L
    Are the files in AIFF format ? As Rounik suggested before, import them in the audio bin and convert them to new audio files. Import then new files in the EXS24. Christian
  • Jackstar
    I have just done this and it works 100% perfect now. My friend that sent me the files sent them as a zip file so maybe as the zip compresses them and causes havoc when using in Logic ? I told him next time to just send them normally. Anyway thanks for your advice, only a few hours then the remix will be finished. Space DJz - Force Maj (Paul Langley's Jackstar remix) P.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jackstar, Glad to know it's all alright now! It sounds like it be a one off, as I've sent and received audio files within a zip many times without an issue. Cheers & Enjoy the remixing ;) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: