macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    New instruments
    I was wondering, if i could add more instruments to my already exsisting instrument library in Logic Studio. Can i get more instruments (not apple loops) and expand my Library in Logic somehow. Please help. Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: New instruments
    Hi Abhi Yes! There are plenty of 3rd party instruments in all different shapes, sizes and varieties available for Logic. Logic works with Audio Unit (AU) plug-ins and instruments. What kind of sounds are you looking to add? There are literally hundreds of possible products out there. This is an example of some virtual instruments which are available: [url]http://www.dv247.com/icat/Virtual+Instruments/2987/[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    hi, Rounik i actually wanted to add some drums and maybe some trance pads. So lets say if i purchase Native Instruments Massive, do i just download it and use it like any other instrument in Logic? Abhi
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes! After you install the instrument, in Logic you select it from the I/O on a software instrument track. Can i recommend checking out Stylus RMX as a more electronic drum (and more) instrument. For live drums though, do check out Addictive Drums etc. Massive looks like a good deal as well. Cheers Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    I will surely check them out. Thanks Rounik! Abhi
  • Christian L
    [quote:29167]hi, Rounik i actually wanted to add some drums and maybe some trance pads. Abhi[/quote] Hi, If you're into Trance music, you'll definitely want to check out reFX Vanguard [url]http://refx.com/?lang=en&page=products/vanguard/summary[/url] It's a bargain at 89.99$! Christian
  • Logic Ninja
    thanks! i will check it out. Abhi
  • Christian L
    Hi, For live drums, I forgot to mention that there is FXpansion BFD 2 that is quite popular : [url]http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=53&tab=148[/url] and of course Battery from Native Instruments (more for electronic though) : [url]http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=battery3[/url] I think you can download demos to try them out before you buy. Christian
  • Logic Ninja
    i'll check them out. thanks! Abhi
  • AbbeyRhodes
    I'd second the vote for Stylus RMX for 2 reasons. 1 - they released a new version called RMX Xpanded, which includes 5 discs of additional content (for a 30 gig library) 2 - The new Spectrasonics synth Omnisphere looks like it'll be the next big thing, and the arpeggiator in Omni integrates with Stylus RMX, so you can very easily add synthesised pitch elements to your drum loops that lock perfectly into the groove. If you get RMX now, that'll cover the drums, then when Omnisphere comes out, that'll cover your pads. Having said that Massive is great for rhythmic textures, and it's pretty simple to program rhythmic patterns and assign them to various parameters. You could also have a look at Camel Audio plugins, Camelspace and Camelphat. These are effects that can be used to radically alter your existing library of sounds. I use them all the time, easy to program and amazing sound, perfect for anything trance. I know BT uses them.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: