macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    logic on another computer
    I am currently using Logic pro on a macbook. Im about to buy an imac. Will I need to rebuy logic for the imac or can I reuse the discs in the logic package I currently own?
  • the dim(e)
    Re: logic on another computer
    I forgot....will I also need to rebuy plug-ins I bought for the macbook. I have a mixture of downloaded plug-ins e.g psp vintage warmer and bought plug-ins e.g UA-E cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tom, Logic license allows you to install and use Logic on two mac's (one desktop & one laptop). Although you are not allowed to run them both simultaneously. As for your plug-ins, you shouldn't need to buy them again! But do check the license agreement of each plug-in manufacturer. I use Logic on two mac's & have never had to re-purchase a 3rd party plug-in to do so. I have had to re-authorize some plug-ins e.g. spectrasonics. Cheers Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    Hi Rounik, Thanks for getting back so fast. When you say simultaneously do you mean have them open at the same time e.g in the same room or either use it on the imac or the macbook? Also if I have downloaded a plug-in how do I transfer from the macbook to the imac? Im still relativley new to this game! Cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Tom, It's more what Apple say is the limitation. Nobody can stop you using Logic on two machines simultaneously - but you'd be breaking the license agreement. However, if both your mac's share the same network then I believe only one version of Logic will be able to run. For most virtual instruments and plug-ins it's best to re-install them on the new machine. But, if they're small effect plug-ins then you'll probably only need to copy the component file from and to: HD/Users/[youruser]/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: