macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Keith
    importing mp3s from itunes into logic???
    hi there, this might sound stupid but is it possible to do this? i want to sample a guitar riff on a rock record, so ive downloaded the mp3 from itunes store, but cant import it as audio into logic???? can it be done or has it been protected by apple so you can only play in itunes / ipod, which i now think is the case? thankyou
  • Christian L
    Re: importing mp3s from itunes into logic???
    Hi, Yes the file you bought is an AAC protected file and not a standard mp3. However, that does'nt mean you can't import it to Logic, you just need to know how. You will need to burn a CD in itunes with the song(s) you need to import to Logic. Then, import the song again to iTunes in AIFF or MP3 format. The file won't be protected anymore and you will be able to use it in Logic. Good luck!
  • Martin
    You can also use WireTap or some other system sound recording ap to just play the file and record it ... no need to burn as disc! [url]http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/[/url] I thought this used to be free ... maybe there's a demo or something you can use. If not, Ambrosia makes great software so it's worth the $$$ to support them ... :) Or find somthing similar on versiontracker.com.
  • Christian L
    Another free alternative would be to use iMovie. Drag the protected AAC file on the timeline, add a random video file and export the result in quicktime with iMovie (File/Export/Quicktime). Use the advanced setting and export to aiff. Voilà!! The video can be a few seconds only it does'nt need to last all the song.
  • Martin
    Ha ... now that you remind me ... or even QuickTime Pro, which as of version 7 has audio recording built-in (under the file menu). Just play the file in iTunes and record it in QuickTime Pro ... funny ...
  • Christian L
    [quote:1002]Ha ... now that you remind me ... or even QuickTime Pro, which as of version 7 has audio recording built-in (under the file menu). Just play the file in iTunes and record it in QuickTime Pro ... funny ... [/quote] Hey... i did'nt know that. That's a cool tip. Thanks!
  • Keith
    brilliant! I tried the quicktime way, but dont have the pro version - so then i tried the imovie way and it worked fine. many thanks!!!
  • motor
    invest in a ipod nano, get a 1/8to 1/4cable record audio into logic, then chop that up how you want it using sampla or other device like mpc
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: