macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Copy Automation Nodes & settings from 1 project to another
    HI, I have had a slight problem with a project, and started afresh. All is good except I am looking for an easy way to copy over my automation nodes & settings from the original project to the new one. I have played about with the automation event list, but am still unable to copy & paste the data into the required project. Does anyone have any hints & tips. Or do I need to redo the automation again manually? Thank you Chris. Logic 8 user
  • Christian L
    Re: Copy Automation Nodes & settings from 1 project to anoth
    Hi, Here's how to do this : 1-Load up the same plugins (FX and Soft. Instr.) in your new song. 2-In the song with the automation, select a region you want to copy. Go to Options > Track Automation > Move All Track Automation to Region. 3-Copy the region (cmd-C) 4-Go back to the new song and paste the region to the corresponding track. 5-Make sure the copied region is selected and select Options > Track Automation > Move All Region Control Data to Track Automation. That's it!
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Hi Christian, will give it a go, many thanks, Chris.
  • steveH
    Another way to do it, if you only want to copy a single parameter's nodes, is: In the original project: 1. Choose the appropriate track and the automation parameter you want to copy. 2. Command click on the automation fader to select all the nodes of the current displayed automation. 3. Hit "Command C" to copy all the nodes. In the new project: 1. Select the appropriate track and same automation parameter that you copied 2. Be sure that the new track has an active node exactly at the beginning of the project. 3. Hit "Command V" to paste all the original nodes into the new track. Steve H.
  • Chris"The Glove"
    Hi Steve, many thanks for your help, Chris.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: