macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lee
    Help with external hard drive support
    OK I created an alias for my apple loops and sample instruments and moved orginals to my external hard drive. They are not showing up in logic any more. When I opened up logic and clicked on loops to make sure everything still works a pop up menu show up saying check if external hard drive is plugged in or to reindex loops. I clicked on reindex loops and now the loops are missing. What do I do. Please help this newbee!
  • Lee
    Re: Help with external hard drive support
    Ok I dragged the loops over from my external hard drive to the the loops browser in logic it seemed to be working but now I am having problems when dragging a loop over to my arrange area a pop up menue appears saying EXS24 is missing. WTF!?! Ok i made an alias for garage band, sample instruments and apple loops. Now everything is all messed up! By the way I am running a Western digital My Book. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Lee Hope you get it working well. Here's a link to a thread (with more links included) on how to re-index apple loops on an ext. drive: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=8708&sid=#8771[/url] Let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Lee
    Ok I got it working again properly. Note to people wanting to move sample instruments: You can not do this other wise logic will not work right. You can however move apple loops to external. You drag apple loops to external drive then from there you drag the loops onto Logic Loops browser and logic will ask you if you want to move them or play them from where they are. Click play them from where they are. Ok for Garage band you can move sample files to external except for hybrid synthesizer.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Lee, Glad you got it sorted & thanks for the tips! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: