macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LaurenceS
    Auditioning MIDI regions
    Hi all, Quick question if I may. So, from watching Logic 101, I now know that I can audition audio in the audio bin, merely by clicking on it, but what about MIDI? If I record/program a MIDI region, how do I go back and just audition that region without either changing my cycle location points, or having to solo the track that the region is on, and playing the session from the start of that region? I just want to be able to audition a MIDI region like I would/could with an audio region in the bin. Thanks much, Laurence M. Schwarz Edmonds, WA
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Auditioning MIDI regions
    Hi Lawrence & Welcome to the forums! You can't audition MIDI regions in the audio bin. However, what you're asking to do is essentially available by creating green apple loops. If you haven't got to the apple loops section yet, I won't spoil it for you. ;) Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi, One thing you can do is use the Event List to easily navigate through all your MIDI region. 1- Open Window > Event List. 2- Click on the "Link" button until it turns purple. You will have a list of all the MIDI regions in your current arrange page. 3- In the Event List, select the region you want to listen. 4-Hit the "S" key on your keyboard and use the "Play from Selection" Key Command to listen. Christian
  • LaurenceS
    Hi Rounik, Well, that's certainlyh good enough. All I wanted to just do was what I had written, and if there's a way outside of moving the playhead, or the cycle region, then that most definitely works for me :-) Thanks for your reply! -Laurence
  • LaurenceS
    Hi Christian, As I had just written to Rounik, indeed! Another fine way to accomplish what I was looking to do! Thanks again! -Laurence
  • LaurenceS
    Hi Rounik, Errr.......O.K., I don't mean to be a complete idiot here, but I followed your instructions, and just created a test MIDI region with a little bass line. I then went to the Region drop down and clicked on "Add to Apple Loops Library" just like you recommended. Now I can't find it. Where on my computer would it be? I called it "Laurence's picked bass", and I searched for "Laurence", I searched for "Laurence's", I searched for "picked bass", but no how, no way can I find it on this machine! I even closed out the Logic session, and reopened a new one just to see if it was temporary? Nope. Still there. Well, at least now I know how to create Apple loops from MIDI regions. I just don't know how to get rid of them ;-) Thanks, Laurence
  • LaurenceS
    Hi Rounik, It's me again, Laurence. Well, it's official.....I AM an idiot. So, I ditched the Apple loops search indexes, and voila, gone. What I find to be interesting, I looked in my local profile Library > Audio > Apple Loops > User Loops, and it wasn't there, yet it was still cached in the loop browser some how. Interesting feature. -Laurence
  • Christian L
    [quote:30251]What I find to be interesting, I looked in my local profile Library > Audio > Apple Loops > User Loops, and it wasn't there, yet it was still cached in the loop browser some how. [/quote] Hi, It should be located in ~/Library>Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/SingleFiles. Maybe you missed the last folder ? Christian
  • LaurenceS
    HA! You are indeed correct! I did miss it. I have a bunch of other stuff that's in there, and lo and behold, it was at the bottom. YOU DA MAN!!!!!!! Thanks again Christian! -Laurence
  • Christian L
    Great! No problem! :-) Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: