macProVideo.com
Forums
  • norton
    Need to Move regions by "x" amount
    Looking for a hand with this... I need to shift regions forward in time by 0.0.0.09.08 seconds on a regular basis. Is there any way I can set up L8 to do this? from time to time i've got projects that use tape. I track THROUGH the deck sending signal to the record head and pulling signal from the decks Repro head. The time it takes the tape to travel from head to head is the time i need to shift the regions. Manually aligning them is kind of tedious... and offsetting the regions with a latency or buffer plugin only sort-of works.... In protools it's a snap... set the nudge amout and a keystroke combo... Any work-arounds for this in Logic??? my fingers are completely crossed. thanks zack
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Need to Move regions by "x" amount
    Hi Zack Welcome to the forums! There are many nudge possibilities in Logic: Open the Key Commands window (Option-K) and type in "nudge" From the list you could choose a command for nudge by smpte frame. You'd still have to count every frame... Another option, if you know can calculate the exact playhead position. move the playhead there using the go to command and use the key command "Move event to playhead position". Hope that helps Rounik
  • norton
    Re: Need to Move regions by "x" amount
    Rounik thanks for your time on this one... I'm aware of the nudge possiblities in Logic... many...just not the one i need. It's like they worked three times as hard to develop presets, when all they really needed to do was to allow the user to set the nudge amount themselves. One option takes the place over all the hard/fast "options". The playhead option is a good one... i totally missed that.. but it'll only really work well for drum tracks, but that's about it. I'm a little confused by the time bars in Logic to be honest... In protools, (which i jettisoned for L8) the nudge distance was always something like 1567 samples. and is user defined and a keystroke away. no biggie... I'm down with Logic.... But i'm still a little confused. With this function, and the whole timing setup in L8. In protools my offset or nudge amount was always something like 1567 samples... In Logic i get a difference of 0.0.0.02.217 samples or 0.0.0.09.08 seconds I reallize that this is a whole lot of hand-holding.. but i NEED to figure some work-around for this. If i'm left with a buffer or latency plugin... would those tracks line up correctly if they were bounced to audio files? in the poor man's OMF fashion? thanks again for your help. Viva la MacProVideo! dig it. zack
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: