macProVideo.com
Forums
  • KcR
    MBP performance
    Hi Steve, I am wondering my MBP 2.4Ghz with 4 GB Ram is struggling to play back a song with 5 audio tracks for the hook, it plays smooth until it get to the hook...is there anything I should look out for. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MBP performance
    Hi KcR, There are many possible reasons for this. 1.Are you running the latest version of Leopard and Logic? 2. Are there many effects on your tracks? Which ones? 3. What message does Logic give you that indicates it's struggling? 4. What about your I/O buffer settings? Try raising them: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio 5. How much free space is on your HD? Cheers Rounik
  • KcR
    Good questions, Rounik. Versions are up to date. I am sending the tracks to a Bus reverb and on a couple of tracks I have the Tune plugin. Logic plays the intro and verse fine, when it gets to the hook it just drops out, no audio although the playhead keeps going. I have I/O buffer at 512. Will check HD space, I am contemplating transferring my audio projects to a FW 800 drive KcR
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:17576] Logic plays the intro and verse fine, when it gets to the hook it just drops out, no audio although the playhead keeps going. [/quote] did this happen on the project before the Logic 8.0.2 update? Has the project ever played back fine? Does this happen with any other projects? If the audio drops out... do you hear any audio from the track at any point? If not - do check that the audio region is on it's own audio track. BTW, to check available disk space open the Mac HD in the finder and it tells you at the bottom of the finder window. Cheers Rounik
  • KcR
    This is the first big project I did in Logic 8, the rest are in 7. Before the audio drops out I hear like a spike, instruments seem to play ok, audio multitracks drop out then back to instruments again. I have been laying audio regions on individual tracks. I have about 37 GB on FW drive, which has wirked with L7. Chris
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chris, If you raise the buffer to 1024, do you still get the same dropouts? Are you using a template made in Logic 7 originally? Do you hear audio drop outs in the same part of your song every time you play it? What audio interface are you using? How much space do you have on your mac's HD? Also, if you have it turned on, try turning off your Airport. This has been reported as an issue that affects Logic's performance. If there's still no joy, try repairing permissions: Open Disk Utility (Applications/Utilities) Select your Mac's HD Click on repair permissions. When finished restart your mac. Let me know how you get on. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: