macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Darren
    Ozone 3
    Hi has anyone had any experience with using the Ozone 3 plug-in in logic. What do you think of it?
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Re: Ozone 3
    It's nice. I actually bought it because i don't consider myself in any way to be a mastering engineer, and its useful to get pretty decent results without having to pay a professional mastering engineer. Of course if i need mastering for a specific track that option is always there. The best thing about it is it comes with a free mastering guide which teaches you how to use it. I've looked at about the 1st half of it and it's very easy to follow, just wish i had more time to finish going through it.
  • Darren
    Thanks Fusilli. I am using the demo version as a plug-in Limiter/compressor on the output of a tune at the moment, and it seems good for that.
  • Rilahiu
    Hey guys! I just bought the Ozone 3 because it was featured prominently in the Mixing R&B video. But I can't get Logic to recognize it. Apparently it is a 'VST' plug-in and Logic manual says it only supports AU plug-ins. M-Audio and Izotope support are useless. How did you guys get yours to work? Thanks. Bob :o)
  • Christian L
    Hi PanMan, Ozone 3 is available in many formats including Audio Unit. Are you sure you installed it correctly ? Go in Preferences /Audio Unit manager and check if the Ozone 3 plugin is validated in the Audio Units list. Christian
  • Rilahiu
    It's not in the Audio Unit manager list. There are no options on the install CD or the download from Izotope. It installs to: HD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins> and then there are items in 3 different folders - Components>Ozone3.component, MAS>Ozone3.bundle, and VST>Ozone3.vst. This is my first 3rd-party plug-in. I thought is would be simple. Thanks again for the help. Bob :o) www.SteelDrumMusic.net
  • Christian L
    Hi again, If it is in the Components folder, then it is installed correctly. Did you try a simple reboot ?
  • Rilahiu
    Yes, many reboots...
  • Christian L
    Hi again, Can you give me your computer specs ? Model, what version of Mac OS X ?
  • Rilahiu
    Sure. MacPro 2008 OS X 10.5.2 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 8 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: