macProVideo.com
Forums
  • grandebaliad
    Mastering Levels
    hello... right now, when i bounce my files as mp3 straight from Logic, the files are significantly lower in volume... i understand that they're going to be lower in general compared to professional grade, but these levels seems unreasonably low.... i've tried to boost them within Logic by increasing the gain on the output, but it has been to no avail... help!!! grande
  • Christian L
    Re: Mastering Levels
    Hi, Can you bounce your track and import it back to your Logic project on an empty track (set at 0dB). The imported track should sound exactly like your original Logic song. Is that your case ?
  • grandebaliad
    i don't know if that was my case, but it sure helped out a lot!!! i never thought to bounce it and then bring it back in... just goes to show how much i still have to learn... which is obviously a WHOLE lot... THANKS!!!
  • Darren
    I have this problem too, and I've tried doubling up tracks and upping the compression etc. which only makes things sound muddy. I don't see how bringing the bounced file back in would help though. Could you please expand on this? Cheers Darren.
  • Christian L
    Hi, Importing the bounced audio back in the project will let you compare the level of the track with the original project. This was to make sure that the problem was not related to iTunes, Quicktime, etc. Are you talking about real low levels ? Could you upload an example with [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] of both the project and the bounce file ? Also, what settings are you using when bouncing ?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: