macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sky
    Using Yamaha Motif XS with Logic Pro 8
    Hi, I am trying to connect up my Motif XS via USB to Logic 8 but am confused how to set up the MIDI and demux the instruments so I can have a different MIDI instrument from the Motif on each track (e.g. guitar voice on track 1 , synth voice on track 2) and select them via the MIDI and play the MIDI back via the Motif. Could someone direct me in the right direction or to a tutorial, someone did mention Environments in logic but I got a bit lost. I think it's probably the same for all Yamaha motif's (is there any logic environment files for particular the motif xs)? Would also like to know how to record arpeggiators from the Motif if that is any different. Any Yamaha Motif owners, I would sure appreciate 5 minutes of your time Once the midi is working the next stage would be to also record the audio output from the motif directly from my audio inputs Thanks for your help Sky
  • Christian L
    Re: Using Yamaha Motif XS with Logic Pro 8
    Hi Sky, Do you have the Logic 105 environment tutorial ? If you have, chapters 19 - 26 can be helpful to you. You can also read my post on a similar topic here : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=9170&sid=#9202[/url] Tell me if you have any more questions and I'll write you back later today! Take care! Christian
  • sky
    Christian, Thanks for the reply. I don't have the Logic 105 tutorial - I am still confused as the Motif is connected via USB I guess i'm looking for someone to help me on how to set up the environment file so I can select the yamaha patches and get the motif to recognise a different instrument/voice per logic track Many thanks Sky
  • Christian L
    Hi! You will need to setup the Motif to use the USB connection. If in doubt, check your Motif manual. I'm also happy to tell you that I found a Motif XS Multi Instr object on the web. Download and open the Logic Project and copy/paste the Motif XS Object to your main template. This Multi Instr. object has all the patch names of your synth. Here's the link : [url]http://www.motifator.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1,2,4&Board=Logic&Number=402896&Forum=All_Forums&Words=logic&Match=OR&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=402896&Search=true#Post402896[/url] Click on "attachment" under drdave's picture to download it. Take care! Christian
  • sky
    Hi, well I downloaded Logic 105 and that did help. I've got something working. I also realised when I'm using USB I can't daisy chain off the midi at the back like I was doing to another synth so that explained why that doesn't work too. I wish they put more USB sockets on my mac....
  • Rounik Admin
    you could try using a USB hub...
  • sky
    I did and was promptly told off by both keyboards for using a USB hub and they wanted connecting direct I think I can get round this with the Motif , but the Access Virus is having none of it... it wants it's "own place" :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: