macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Sound dropping out
    not sure whats going on, I'm getting a loud pop and then the sound goes out. Is this a sound card issue? What can I do to solve this problem?
  • Christian L
    Re: Sound dropping out
    It could be your audio interface... or not. Can you give us more details about your setup and audio interface ? Can you tell us when and how the problem occur ? Thanks! Christian
  • Segejee
    I'm using the core audio driver, when I change to another driver and switch back to the core audio it works again, but then every once in a while it pops and goes out again.
  • Christian L
    You didn't tell me what audio interface you are using. Did you mean you are using the built-in audio ? If not, download and install the latest driver for your audio interface. If you are using a Firewire or USB audio interface, make sure it is connected directly in your Mac. Do you have the same problem in iTunes or GarageBand ?
  • Segejee
    yes I'm using the built in audio driver. no problems with itunes.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, What's your buffer I/O setting in Logic? Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Rounik
  • Segejee
    its set to 1024
  • Rounik Admin
    what about the sample rate for your project? Does this happen regularly with other projects too? Do you have any other application open? Are you streaming the samples off your mac's HD? What mac are you running logic on? Have you done any maintenance on your mac - like repair permissions? Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    Sample rate is at 44100 Yeah it happens quit often even with other projects Just running safari Yes samples are from my mac HD I'm running the new 2.4 ghz imac core duo no haven't had any repair maybe I'm just running too much info and I need to freeze some tracks?
  • Rounik Admin
    I think 2 things have a good chance of helping. 1. Maintaining your mac is v.important. Quit all applications. go to: Applications/Utilities/Disk Utilty Select your mac's HD Click on repair permissions 2. Turn off airport while using Logic and try quitting safari too. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: