macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeck
    Re: Sound dropping out
    hello same issue here,my prime suspect was an east west instrument,no CPU saturation ,only a scary pop and no sound ,i did what Rounik says (repair permissions) an for now it works how often do i have to do this procedure ? what does this procedure do, exactly,? can you explain to me please? thank you Rounik Hector
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, Glad it's helped. Repair permissions is a maintenance procedure that many users do before and after installing applications, and I tend to do every two weeks or so. (The more frequently I run it, the less time it takes). Here's a link to an Apple Support article about it: [url]http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25751[/url] I don't have this issue of the popping sound so can't really say whether you will need to repair permission frequently or not. I Hope not, but next time you hear a pop, try quitting all other applications, if it's still a problem, restart Logic, if no joy, repair permissions and restart your mac. Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • jeck
    hi again Rounik same thing again, i am almost sure that is somethig about PSP Vintage Warmer because when the sound drops out the only channel that dont seems to get any sound was the out 1.2 and i had the VW on that , when i press bypass sound comes again.i just upgrade logic 8.0.2 so do you have VW, ? does any one has this problem ? thank you HECTOR
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Hector, Unfortunately, I don't have PSP Vintage Warmer. So, when you bypass the PSP VW plug-in the sound still drops out? If so, try saving your project as a newly name project (File > Save project as...), then on the newly named project take out all instances of the PSP VW plug-in. Save the project and see if the problem persists. It could make sense that this is related to 3rd party plug-ins. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Hi guys! Here's a quote from pspaudioware website :"Limitations to demo versions: Depending on the product, either the processing stops every 30 sec for 1 sec or or you will hear permanent low level noise (at about -60dBFS typically) and occasional 1 sec noise every 20 sec (at below -30dBFS typically)." Is your Vintage Warmer a demo version ?
  • jeck
    hello again christian ,i have purchase the VW,and is not and ordinary drop out ,in the beginning is a very loud pop and then sound drops out, rounik if i bypass for now the problem goes away if i enable again ,it works fine ,but later at any time it happend again,and if i let the playhead playing, i cant hear anything, no itunes, no nothing, if i play stop the sound may be come back, may be not in the final comes again , but when i bypass VW sound comes again always , i will try what you tell me Rounik but let me tell you that work in this way is very stressing (expecting a very loud pop at any time) thank you for your help and support hector
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:35004]i will try what you tell me Rounik but let me tell you that work in this way is very stressing (expecting a very loud pop at any time) [/quote] I can imagine! It's far from a good situation. ...Hector, are you using the zoom as your audio interface? If so, try using the built-in audio only... Also, do contact PSP directly to see if they know of this situation. Let us know how you get on. Take care, Rounik
  • jeck
    no i dont use the zoom,i use the built in audio, and i ve already contact PSP they tell me ,that if i re insert the plugin usually works, ill see,what happen thanks again for your concern hector
  • Rounik Admin
    my pleasure Hector. Good luck. Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: