macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DeEssing
    How are you DeEssing?
    I was wondering how most of you are de essing...Are you using Automation (a little hard for me),sidechaining with compression or a plugin DeEsser. I'm currently trying to find something that I can use that won't break the bank so to speak. I'm currently running Logic 8 so fish fillets are not an option. Man it would be nice if they did a in-depth Sidechaining and DeEssing tutorial.
  • Patrick
    Re: How are you DeEssing?
    Draw in the automation. Just drop it down 3-6 db on the esses, then back up. I use a gainer plugin and set it to the reduction I want and then bypass it except for the esses wherer it is turned on. Or you could draw in the volume of the gainer plugin. The reaso to use the gainer is so the volume can be left alone to do overall volume. Dump the dessing plugins as the above method sounds better .
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How are you DeEssing?
    Hi, I have to agree with Patrick on this. I've used the de-essing plug-in in the past, but the results you get depend heavily on the source material. I find automating the gain plug-in on the vocal track to sound better. It does take more time... ... actually, I haven't tried this out - but you could edit your audio file in STP - that might be an easier way to adjust the volume of the esse's... Cheers Rounik By the way, the De-essor, is explored in tutorial 04 in Logic 202: Logic's Plug-ins unplugged: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicPlugins1[/url] Sidechaining is covered in detail in quite a few different tutorial titles. Section 11,12 and 13 of Logic 303: TNT1: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks[/url] R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: