macProVideo.com
Forums
  • davidgion
    SSL LMC-1
    HI EVERYONE AT MACPRO AND ALL OF YOU forum addicted,SINCE I ADORE SSL LMC-1 I'd like to know why it doesn't work on my LAP ...ROUNIK ANYONE?it is AU....DAVID
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: SSL LMC-1
    Hi David, I believe this might be because the LMC-1 AU is not a universal binary plug-in. A couple of years ago Mac's went through a big, big hardware transition... from ppc chip to intel. As a result, some applications which were written for ppc mac's only cannot run (or run very slowly on intel mac's). Many developers updated their software to work on ppc and intel machines. They are given the term "universal binary". There are other free plug-ins that have not been updated to universal binary and it's my guess that the same has happened here too. Do email Solid State Logic directly to ask if they have a universal binary version of the LMC-1. If anyone on a PPC mac (G4 or G5) is interested in this plug-in here is the link: [url]http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/section_free_plug-ins.asp[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • davidgion
    YOU're great as always thank you very much,David
  • Rounik Admin
    :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: