macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    Re: 20 seconds silence...
    Okay, I tried the Realtime bounce, and it worked. Jim dandy. I've never used that setting before, so it still doesn't give any light to the original problem.... I tried another section of the original piece, bounced it Offline, and the 20 seconds of silence happened again. Looks like Realtime gets around the problem, but it seems strange that it just appeared in the past 12 hours...
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad you've got a good workaround Sammy. Out of interest, can you try selecting built-in audio as your interface in Logic and then try bouncing offline. Have you installed any updates in the past 12 hours or 2 or 3 days? It sounds like it's restricted to that project. So, if you try a new project just with soft inst tracks and try bouncing from that project. Also, if you wish to send your project to us, Christian and I can test it out on our systems. Cheers Rounik
  • Gorynui
    Would you mind having a quick look at the file, and see if you get the same results? I'm making a Zipped version to upload. The file I'm working on is Grenfell Legato Excerpt, but somehow along the way became Arctic Light. My first attempt at orchestral stuff... I just started the upload, but it looks like it will take some time, probably another half hour or so.
  • Christian L
    Sure... give us the link and Rounik and me will check it out. Also, as Rounik suggested above, please try bouncing the file with built-in audio selected in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > Devices > Core Audio > Device. Christian
  • Gorynui
    Okay, it's available now at: http://www.sendspace.com/file/raph9x Now that I've had success with the Realtime bounce, it probably won't act up for you guys... thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammydave, I'm downloading it now - might take a while. In the meantime, does bouncing work properly when you switch Logic to use built-in audio as Christian and I have suggested you try? Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Works fine here so far. Just tested it out by bouncing individual regions on an intel imac OS 10.5.2, Logic 8.0.2 and all pro app updates, and built-in audio selected. 1. I solo-ed the track e.g. Audio 3. 2. Selected one region e.g. grenfell 2cs.34 3. Set locators to the region 4. File > Bounce... 5. selected 48000Hz and 24 bit (as these were the original settings) 6. Set the bounce to offline and clicked bounce - and imported the bounced file back into the logic session. Nice tune. Excuse my ignorance, what is grenfell? Rounik
  • Gorynui
    Sir Wilfred Grenfell was a famous character in Newfoundland's history, here on the east coast of Canada. He brought medicine to remote fishing ports in the late 1900's, often putting himself at risk from ice movement, ships wrecks, crazy winter storms, etc. A local production company is working on an animated tv show telling his his story, and I wrote this piece in my attempt to show them I could work in something besides my quirky ambient contemporary styles... Think creaky wooden ships, eating pack dogs while stranded offshore on ice floes... Haven't had a chance to try using built-in audio yet. I'll try when I return later tonight.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Sammydave, Thanks for the info. I'm learning more and more about Canada...didn't even know that Newfoundland was on the East coast before your post! Let us know if using the built-in audio works for you... Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    The bounce worked fine for me too. It could be related to your audio interface. Please tell us when you got a chance to try with Built-In audio. Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: