macProVideo.com
Forums
  • tony lovett
    Mackie Control midi problem
    I wonder if anyone can give me some direction on the following new issue - my Mackie control doesn't seem to be following Logic and for some reason I keep getting a message saying my Remote SL is linked to midi port 2 instead of the Mackie, which isn't the case. The Remote SL is connected via USB but shows up along side the Mackie Control when firing up logic. One day soon maybe everything will work properly at the same time & maybe one day soon I'll be able to understand it myself!
  • Christian L
    Re: Mackie Control midi problem
    Hi Tony, A few questions : Is your Mackie Control not working at all ? Just to be sure, you did set it up correctly in Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Setup, right ? Is your Novation Remote working ? What message are you getting exactly ? Christian
  • tony lovett
    Re: Mackie Control midi problem
    Christian, thx for the reply. I switched everything on last night and everything was working fine. however, previously, and I can't remember the exact wording, the message was suggesting that the Mackie control was not assigned to port 2 but that there was a device Remote SL at port 2 and did I want to reassign or keep unassigned and the Mackie was not showing any of the track data on the song. It was ok last night though. I have just put my studio together and I'm sure I'm missing plenty as I have a decent grasp of what's going on with Logic with what I can see but am still very green on the detail. So I resort to all the manuals and tution I have, now including these forums!) which slows down getting on with making a noise! I'm hoping that eventually the detail will begin to sink in. Regards Tony
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: