macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pumubiy
    MIDI help!
    I was wondering if it is posable to make a MIDI beat on let's say MIDI channel 1 using a drum kit and split each note or element on to it's own track. So I think what I'm saying is to have one MIDI region with 3 notes and some how put two of the notes on different tracks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: MIDI help!
    Hi Tron340, It is possible. But, I need to understand your question more fully first. What instrument are you using (Ultrabeat, RMX) etc? Do you want say the kick to be on one track, the snare on another...etc but using one instance of the instrument? Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    If you want to be able edit the MIDI notes more easily - rather than have each sound available on a separate channel strip (and thus be able to add effects to individual sounds)... Select the MIDI region and choose: Region > Split/demix > demix by note pitch new track lanes will be created - each with a region - each region will now have only the MIDI notes for a single pitch (e.g. kick or snare or open hat etc) Is that what you mean? Cheers Rounik
  • Pumubiy
    This is what I want but when I Select the MIDI region and choose Region > Split/demix > demix by note pitch It will just do one note at a time with no option to add effects or change volume in mixer. None of the new region tracks show up in the mixer.
  • Rounik Admin
    ok - demixing by note doesn't provide you with extra channel strips to add effects on. For this: You need to use a multi-output instrument (Ultrabeat). 1. drag your region into the arrange and demix by note as explained above. 2. In Ultrabeat in the Voice assignment and mixer section click on the word "main" next to the voices with sequence patterns. 3. From the drop down menu choose separate outputs for each voice. 4. In the Mixer, Ultrabeat's channel strip should have a + button. Click it. 5. A new Aux track with an input 3-4 from Ultra beat is created. 6. Click the + button to create aux tracks for all the voices you assigned to outputs previously. 7. Press play and you should now see that each voice plays through the relevant Aux channel. 8. If you wish to add these Aux's to the Arrange area (good when you want to automate some of their parameters or effects) select them in the Mixer and choose: Options > Create selected channel strips in the Arrange Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tron, Wondering if that works ok for you? Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: