macProVideo.com
Forums
  • AbbeyRhodes
    Key command madness
    Hey guys, I'm having some issues with key commands just wondering if anyone knows a solution. After updating to 8.0.2, i noticed that the old key command for the metronome, option + m, now opens the marker list, which i don't want. In the key commands window, both metronome and open marker list have option + m as the key command. If i try to delete the open marker list key command by selecting it and pressing delete (as specified by the manual), this works for until i close Logic. When i open it again, option + m will start opening the marker list again. Anyone know what's going on?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Key command madness
    Hey Fusilli, Just tried it out - didn't try the to delete it - but noticed they are both set to the same KC by default! Instead of pressing delete, I click on Learn by key label and reassigned Open Markers to ctrl-option-command-M Both commands now work fine. I think using the "learn by key label" works better than trying to delete a KC - I read elsewhere that others have confirmed this behaviour. Cheers Rounik
  • AbbeyRhodes
    There are a few of those double key commands, I ran into another one a little while ago but it wasn't really important enough for me to remember. I've managed to "fix" the problem by changing my metronome shortcut to option + /, which is actually a little easier to press so i'm leaving it as that. I just realised that for some reason i'm not actually able to delete key commands. If it's a key command that is allocated by default, it is restored when i restart logic. Kinda annoying really i wonder if it's a bug.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:40507]for some reason i'm not actually able to delete key commands. If it's a key command that is allocated by default, it is restored when i restart logic. Kinda annoying really i wonder if it's a bug.[/quote] I think it seems to be a bug - but I don't know if it's an OS system specific thing. What I'd recommend is to reassign your key commands instead of deleting them - that seems to do the trick. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: