macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Sending audio through the ES 2
    Hello, I wanted to know if it's possible to send an audio track or region through the filter section of the ES 2. Here's the idea: Send a audio track through an ES 2 so the audio track changes as it passes through the filter section. It's true that the ES 2 is a software instrument but is it required to trigger a sound through the ES 2 for the filter to work? I got this idea when listening to the tutorial on the ES 2 when Steve sang through the microphone. Thanks, Alan
  • Christian L
    Re: Sending audio through the ES 2
    You can do that with the ES1 (using the EXT Oscillator with Side Chain) but not with the ES2. However, it's possible to Modulate an ES2 parameter with Side Chaining. Check out chapter 30 of Stve H. ES2 tutorial, but I don't think that's what you're after. The next best thing you could do is try with the ES1. Christian
  • dynamicalan
    Christian, You are correct side chaining is not what I am after. I was only curious what a vocal region would sound like going through the filter section on the ES 2 I did come up with a really cool edition of Steve's ES 2 Side chain but I don't know how to upload a logic document up on sendspace.com. Sincerely, Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Alan, to upload a logic project to send space: 1. Ctrl-click on the Logic project and select "archive/compress" 2. A zip/archive file will be created. 3. Go to www.sendspace.com and follow the instructions to upload a file. 4. Copy the address location of the uploaded file and paste it here in this thread. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Christian, You are correct. I am not interested in Side Chaining. The reason is all it can do is take a triggered sound and apply it to an amplitude envelope follower. It would be a good idea if it was able to accept an external signal. Thanks, Alan
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, thanks for these instructions. I shouldn't upload it but I will if you like. It works great as an ending. the only difference is I reversed an audio file and that makes it sound cool. Alan
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Alan, Don't upload it if you don't need to. Sounds like an ingenious technique you've got there. If you upload it then anyone who visits this thread can download it. I thought you needed assistance with something - which is why I explained how to upload a file on sendspace. Cheers Rounik
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, Here's the link: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/rj1eg7[/url] Alan
  • dynamicalan
    Rounik, tell me if you like it. If you put it up there is it hard to delete it? Thanks, AW
  • Rounik Admin
    Alan, It'd nice! I think it would work well automating the first cuttoff over a four bar loop too. Thanks for sharing. To delete it, refer to the email that sendspace sent you (if you filled in your email address when asked)- there will be a link there to delete. Also, when you finished uploading the file then sendspace display the link to go to do delete it. By the way, you can share a setting more easily, by saving the instrument setting and in the finder going to: Users/your user name/Library/Application support/Logic/Plug-in settings/ You will have your saved instrument settings in the relevant instrument folder there. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: