macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jean-marc
    lp7 exs24 multiple samples
    hey gang in lp7, can exs "randomly" select one of many samples of the same sound assigned to a single-key zone other than by velocity? ex: multiple samples of kick drum at c1 the idea is to make a more "realistic" recreation of old drum machines by introducing slight "tone" variations of the same drum part i think i'm stuck w velocity criteria, but i'm not sure...
  • steveH
    Re: lp7 exs24 multiple samples
    The answer is no. You can, in the EXS 's control panel, introduce random pitch changes on every strike of the key which, in fact, can introduce some variation if handled gingerly. I could create an environment object that would create random velocities that would then trigger random samples. Thanks for a great TNT idea... do you subscribe to my TNT's? Steve H
  • jean-marc
    Re: lp7 exs24 multiple samples
    hi steve & thanks. i'm not sure i understood the 1st part : i do not wish to change pitch, just audio file selection when i press a certain key ex: c1 has 10 different audio samples of a kick assigned to it (almost identical samples but with small textural variations since recorded 10 different times) i make that c1 key zone as a group and allow only one voice at a time (so not 10 samples will trigger upon key press) but then you're saying an environment object can randomly select which sample to trigger regardless of note velocity? thanks for the help. i did buy a few tutorials but not the tnt. maybe i should...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: