macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vumyjii
    score: global text symbol
    Hi, About the score in Logic I'm searching a way to insert some text information attached to a bar number and visible in the score window. I would like to insert this symbol in only one part and they will automatically appear in all individual parts of the score (as REPEAT or CODA symbol). There's a box in Logic where I can insert some global symbols which appear in all parts but I can't find a way to insert an edited text. I want this text to be attached to a bar number. Thanks Sincerely, Francis Gorgé
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: score: global text symbol
    Hi Francis, Welcome to the forums! The way in Logic to attribute lyrics and text notes to a bar is to use a Marker. Once you've created a marker you can easily copy it to other sections of your song. Also Markers are attached to anywhere on the time line you place them. If you need more info about how to use markers let us know. Rounik
  • Vumyjii
    Thanks Rounik for your welcome and answer. I know the power of markers I also learn a lot about them in the new Steve H's Master Class! But is it possible tu show markers in the score ? What's the way? Sincerely, Francis
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Francis, It is actually easier to add text in the score window than using Markers. There is a Text symbol in the Inspector. Drag that to the part of the score you wish to add text to. The cursor blinks and the score tunes blue - type in some text. [img]http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8638/scoretextmw6.png[/img] You can alter and align the text using the "Text" menu within the score window. Cheers Rounik
  • Vumyjii
    Thanks but I know how to insert text in the score window. ;-) I would like to insert a [b]GLOBAL[/b] text attached to a bar number (like repeat symbol does) in a stave and not to have reenter it into the others staves. For example : I would like to be able to write "verse" as a global symbol on my first stave bar 12. And if I want to print only stave 3, my symbol is still here! Sincerely, Francis
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Francis, I think i understand... I don't think markers would achieve the desired effect then as they don't show in Page View mode... However, using "text" I think you can achieve what you want... For example, Input text above bar one. Select it. Choose: Edit > Repeat Events... Choose Bar from the adjustments drop down selection and type in the number of repeats you want, e.g. 7 so that it will be appear above every stave to Bar 8. Alternatively, you can adjust the text position in the Event List too. I hope this is does the trick ;-) Rounik
  • Vumyjii
    Thanks for your answer but that's not what I'm looking for ... You last tip copy event on the same stave. Sorry, my english is not as good as yours so it's not easy to understand my request : Suppose you have four tracks. In the score window I enter a text event bar 16 in the fisrt track (stave) I want this event to also appear in all my four tracks (staves) bar 16. If I open another track in the score window my event text also appears bar 16. If I open all tracks in the score window it would be fine if this event only appears in the first stave. as Coda or repeat symbol. Is it clearer ? :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Francis, Your English is great! Don't apologize for it, please! I don't think Logic can do what you're asking automatically. It would be great for this to be a feature. As far as I'm aware, you need to enter a text event manually. Best, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: