macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zihymua
    New Computer
    When you have Final Cut and Logic Studio you have some of the App the same, both of it are upgrade version, in my iMac 24 now i have in my Library loops 2 or 3 times the same , some series of loop show in red, so when my MacPro coming in how to avoid this problem when i install. Try to see in Apple forum humm wont work + what is a - XSkey-, and how to find it Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: New Computer
    Hi Alrobi The shared applications (STP & Compressor) won't install if already on your system. In either installation process you have the option to check or uncheck the content you wish to install. e.g. Install all FC studio. When you install Logic untick the applications and content you already have (e.g. STP loops, etc...) The XSKey...ahhhhh...the good ol' days ;-) The XSKey was a small usb dongle that was essential copy protection for Logic 7 and before. If you didn't have the usb XSKey plugged in to your mac when you ran Logic, it would not run! Can you imagine the number of people that forgot, lost or broke their XSKey... and then couldn't run Logic Pro! It was amazingly copy protection - but very restrictive if something went wrong. Cheers Rounik
  • Zihymua
    Thank Rounik, I found in my Utilities folder and Icon it look like a USB key with a green arrow on it and it is name- XSKey updater- is it the one and what i have to do with it, do i need it to install Logic Studio on my new Mac
  • Christian L
    If you have logic Studio, the XSKey is no longer needed so don't worry about the updater. As Rounik said, the XSKey was necessary to run Logic 7.
  • Zihymua
    Thank Christian, My Logic Studio is an upgrade from Logic Express 7 but because LP8 it is a complete redesigned app could it be installed on my new computer without installing my LE 7 first
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Alrobi, I hope I didn't confuse you earlier with my trip down memory lane! You don't need to install LE7 on your machine before installing Logic studio. LE7 didn't require an XSKey. Only Logic Pro required an XSKey. You will not need it to upgrade. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638] You don't need to install LE7 on your machine before installing Logic studio. LE7 didn't require an XSKey. Only Logic Pro required an XSKey. You will not need it to upgrade. [/quote] Hi again, in fact you will need the XSKey to install Logic Studio if you bought the upgrade. If you have the full version at $ 499 you don't need it. If you have the upgrade (at $ 199), the installer will prompt you to insert the dongle. When the installation is completed, you can remove the USB dongle. However, it is very important to keep it for a future installation!!! Christian
  • jvanva
    There are two update versions. There is one that updates Logic Pro 7 to Logic Studio which cost $200 and requires the XSKey from Logic Pro. Then there is the one that updates Logic Express 7 to Logic Studio, which does not require an XSKey (since Logic Express didn't have one) and costs $300. Hopefully the OP purchased the right one for the version of Logic 7 that he had. jvanva
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: