macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Frédéric Hahn
    Beat Mapping, am I right if I say that...
    Concerning Beat Mapping (Logic 201 Tutorial), am I right if I say that: - beat mapping [b]DOES[/b] alter the position of the notes in a midi region (the original "natural feeling" is kept by the tempo changes) - removing the beat mapping (by clicking and deleting the yellow tabs in the beat mapping global track) and removing the tempo changes [b]DOES NOT[/b] restore the orignal "natural feeling" from the midi region, because the notes have been moved! - if you want to preserve a copy of the original "natural feeling" of the midi region, you have to make a copy of the region and place it further on the time line - all midi regions located on the same time position will be altered by the beat mapping edits (notes will be moved not only on the region used for beat mapping, but also on all regions located on the same time position) Thanks for helping me understanding how beat mapping works!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Beat Mapping, am I right if I say that...
    [quote:45204]Concerning Beat Mapping (Logic 201 Tutorial), am I right if I say that: - beat mapping [b]DOES[/b] alter the position of the notes in a midi region (the original "natural feeling" is kept by the tempo changes) [/quote] Yes, I think you are right. [quote:45204]- removing the beat mapping (by clicking and deleting the yellow tabs in the beat mapping global track) and removing the tempo changes [b]DOES NOT[/b] restore the original "natural feeling" from the midi region, because the notes have been moved! [/quote] Again, this is my experience too. Beat mapping to MIDI tends to be most useful from an initial recorded MIDI region and building on top of that. Also a good idea to keep a backup of your project. [quote:45204]- if you want to preserve a copy of the original "natural feeling" of the midi region, you have to make a copy of the region and place it further on the time line [/quote] Yes, if you change the tempo after beat mapping and need to revert to the original... save your project or export the midi region...! [quote:45204]- all midi regions located on the same time position will be altered by the beat mapping edits (notes will be moved not only on the region used for beat mapping, but also on all regions located on the same time position) Thanks for helping me understanding how beat mapping works![/quote] Yes, beat mapping works on a global level, so will affect all midi regions at the points that you've done global mapping on. Cheers, Rounik
  • Frédéric Hahn
    Re: Beat Mapping, am I right if I say that...
    Thank you Rounik !
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: