macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kenny Q
    Sample editing (Basic stuff)
    I have just purchased Logic Pro Studio and would like to know if I can make simple edits to music files that I have. I am used to using Sony’s Sound Forge for making loops, cutting and pasting, adding fades, normalizing, separating one file into multi files, etc… I bought the Soundtrack tutorial videos and briefly looked at them. I don’t think that it mentions much about this. Should I do these things in Logic or Wave Burner? I am not interested in Bias Peak at all. Please reply. Thank you,
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sample editing (Basic stuff)
    Hi Kenny, Both Logic and STP allow you to do audio editing, cutting, pasting, fades etc. Id they are simple edits then you can definitely use either of them. In Logic, import an audio file and place it on an audio track in the arrange and then double click it. The sample editor opens. You can do precise edits there or in the arrange, bu zooming in, using the scissors tool to cut etc. If you work in Logic's arrange area, remember that all edits you do to your piece of audio are non-destructive. To "print" the edits you need to bounce your audio track. Many would say that STP is a better audio editor with more intuitive functions specifically designed for audio editing. If you've already bought the tutorials for STP then I'd urge you to delve more deeply to discover more ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Kenny Q
    Thank you for your quick reply, I’ll look into it this weekend. I’m also about to record several records. With Sound Forge I’m used to recording the whole side of the album, put in regions per song, naming those regions and then cutting and pasting each song to a new file. After that I usually take out pops & extra noises, normalize, convert to mp3 and save. Will STP be the best program for this? Thanks,
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kenny It's alla bout finding a workflow that works for you. You could use STP or Logic. I'm much more familiar with Logic so it's my first port of call, and I could do what you're wanting to do quite quickly, within the arrange area of Logic. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: