macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JROD
    Bounced file is crashing my ipod
    Today I tried to bounce a composition to my ipod. I've done this many times. I Checked the 3 boxes on the left side of the window (PCM MP3 and M4A) also checked "Add to iTunes library." I had bounced an earlier mix to my ipod and had no problem. This time the file (roughly 7 MG's) crashed my ipod. I then went through several steps with my ipod and Logic Express trying to get the song to upload with no success. Each time, the file uploads onto itunes and I can play it but when I plug the ipod in it appears in the window but when played it crashes the ipod. I deleted the file on itunes and tried to bounce it again. Same result. The file appears on itunes but crashes the ipod. The ipod has plenty of storage space. I know this is probably an ipod problem rather than a problem with Logic Express but I wanted to know if anyone can suggest some trouble-shooting steps. One other thing I should mention is that I've also had to eject my ipod by trashing it because its stuck in Do Not disconnect mode. All my software is up to date but I am using Thanks, Jared
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bounced file is crashing my ipod
    Hi Jared, First, do any other audio files crash your iPod? What about if you just bounce to PCM format, then manually drag the aiff/wave file to iTunes and let iTunes convert it to whatever format you have already set in iTunes>Preferences... If that doesn't work, try bouncing down a different project and putting it on your iPod. It might be worth taking the iPod to an Apple Store to get it fixed. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    For the benefit of others reading this thread: Jared (the OP) sent me a private message instead of replying on the forum. Here is the message sent: ------------------- "Good morning, And thank you for assisting in trouble-shooting. No other files seem to be affected. I can play my other original compositions on the ipod but when I get to the particular song the ipod goes dark and shows the apple. I did discover a couple of things. .. I opened a window in my finder and see that there are two files in itunes. An uncompressed wave file 70 MB's and the mp3 version. I have now dragged the larger file back over to the Logic Bounce folder so that we have only one file sitting in itunes. After dragging the larger file out of itunes I plugged in the ipod again to update but it seems to be stuck in the do not disconnect m mode. So I ejected it by dragging it to the trash. I've tried again and the results are the same - one bad file. I may trash all the bounces and start again with your suggestion of using the PCM mode. I may also try to bounce a different file and see if it results in the same problem. If my settings have changed, its probably due to my cat walking on my keyboard. Damn cat! JK" ------------------- I replied to try and bounce just to mp3 or apple lossless and not tick the PCM box to see if that would work. I'd also suggest listing the exact settings selected in the MP3 section when bouncing. Cats like mac's too ;-) Rounik
  • Logic Pro & Logic Express
    I, too, have had my ipod crash at the end of my Logic Pro AAC files. It plays the song, no problem, but at the end of the file is where it forces a restart. Until last night. As soon as it began to play a file it crashed. The files ply in iTunes with no problems. I even reformatted my ipod trying to fix it, but to no avail. I am relieved to see someone else with the problem. Short solution. Bounce your mixes to .aif then use iTunes for converting. Long term solution. I am writing Apple a kind letter. -Aaron Minton
  • JROD
    Hi Aaron, Thanks for the information. I'll try using .aif format as you suggested. I created a new composition and ran into the same problem again. Maybe I can figure things out when I get home. Its funny how I could bounce songs with little difficulty until these last two songs. JK
  • Christian L
    [quote:40811]I, too, have had my ipod crash at the end of my Logic Pro AAC files. It plays the song, no problem, but at the end of the file is where it forces a restart. Until last night. As soon as it began to play a file it crashed. The files ply in iTunes with no problems. I even reformatted my ipod trying to fix it, but to no avail. I am relieved to see someone else with the problem. Short solution. Bounce your mixes to .aif then use iTunes for converting. Long term solution. I am writing Apple a kind letter. -Aaron Minton[/quote] Do you encounter the same problem when converting to mp3 within Logic ?
    Christian, I have not tried .mp3, as I never use them (save when people send them to me) but it's a good thought. I think I'll try bouncing a few songs in every format, just to test this thought thoroughly. Perhaps I'll post my results as well. Regards, -Aaron
  • Christian L
    [quote:40811]Christian, I have not tried .mp3, as I never use them (save when people send them to me) but it's a good thought. I think I'll try bouncing a few songs in every format, just to test this thought thoroughly. Perhaps I'll post my results as well. Regards, -Aaron [/quote] Yes, please do post your results. By the way, what iPod are you using ? Personnally, I always convert my files from AIFF to AAC or MP3 in iTunes. Christian
    5th Gen. 30G. I have several others. But I haven't tried the files on those. I'll do that too.
    Ok, here's the verdict... I have Logic Pro 8.0.2. When I bounce to .aac 160-182(vbr) my 5th generation iPod (30G) crashes, which is more of a forced restart. This has not happened to all my files, just the ones bounced within the last couple of months. I also tried the same files with a 1st Generation iPod nano. No problems whatsoever. .aif and .mp3 were fine, as were .aac lossless. This is only with .aac files made from within Logic Pro 8. An .aif converted to .aac with iTunes produces a file with no problems. FYI... Logic Studio 8.0.2 G5 dual processor (2.3ghz) Mac OS X 10.5.4 5th Gen. iPod Video, 30gig (Software Version 1.3) Did I miss anything??? Regards, -Aaron Minton
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: