macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Extreme
    Hi Alrobi, Thanks for the pic. I don't have these files on my system. Can anyone else confirm whether they have these files/folders on their Logic rig? Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, yeah these were emagic sound libraries from the days when you have to buy everything separately! In fact, I actually have the original install CD right here! I think they also did Xtreme Analog too. They should be wrapped up in the current install though and if they are not by default, I bet you they will be under the legacy instrument installation part which defaults to being NOT selected when you custom install.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Yadj, I was just about to post the same thing! I just searched through my Logic 5.5 box and found the Xtreme analog and digital CD's. Indeed, they are located in the legacy section of the current install. Cheers Rounik
  • Bj
    Thanks Yadj and Rounik, that has cleared up a couple of questions I had about the legacy section and custom install... Cheers Bj :)
  • Cajypiu
    According to the booklet, "once equipped with the sounds of the Xtreme Digital CD-ROM, you can use your EXS24 as a state of the art digital synthesizer" ... which is nice.
  • Zihymua
    To YADJ, i dont really understand the meaning of your answer, could you be more explicite on it Thank you
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Alrobi, sorry, there was a hint of sarcasm at emagic's expense in my last reply. Marketing hype and all that. That said, however, the good thing about the legacy instruments is that the libraries were put together to emulate classic studio equipment. The specifics escape me but I do know that the yamaha DX7 is in there along with some moog sounds in the analog collection.
  • Zihymua
    No YADJ it is not about sarcasm at all i am French so sometime what i tried to say doesnt mean what i think so i retried to write what i think. You say something about synthetiser with those samples and i do not understand exactly how. you explain you could work with these in a special way, hope i am clear. Simple explain me more please about synthetiser
  • Cajypiu
    Pas problem Alrobi, alors, je suis anglais et malheureusement, cette son plus... hummm... limit.... parle.... francais. Je suis désolé! The samples used to create the the digital and analog legacy instruments for the EXS sampler were sampled on the popular digital synths of the time. They did not, however, multi sample the instruments and copy the presets, such as the Waldorf Microwave, Korg Wavestation and Yamaha DX7. So when you look at the presets for those instruments, they will sound similar but not the same. For the record, my sarcasm wasn't aimed at you but the sleeve notes that came with my Xtreme digital notes :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: