macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cajypiu
    Logic, OSX, Duet Compatibility
    Hi Guys, just got my duet back from warranty :( Breakout cable as it happens so nothing major. Anyway, in that time I had to upgrade to 10.5.3 to solve a problem with something else, and now my duet locks Logic out (8.0.2). I went to the Apogee support page and there is a new firmware to download and update for Leopard.... but it's not 10.5.3 compatible and physically will not install. Anyone else having grief or is it just my luck? :) Cheers, John
  • Christian L
    Re: Logic, OSX, Duet Compatibility
    Hi, I didn't find any firmware update on Apogee website. Maybe you're referring to the "Apple FireWire Audio Driver 242_4_7" update ? This update is only necessary with 10.5, 10.5.1, 10.5.2. You don't need to install it with 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 because this Firewire update is already in these version of Leopard. Did you try a simple restart ? Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Yadj, If you log in to the Apogee Duet support page you can download the MAY update (looks like this:) [img]http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture3tv9.png[/img] I think Christian is right as the firewire update is included in 10.5.3 and 10.5.4. I'm on Logic 8.0.2 and OS 10.5.2 and the Duet works well for me... Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    aaahhhh.... said the cat! Well that makes sense and yes you are both right, I was looking at the may 2008 download of which a sub part of that was the driver update. Didn't realise it was in 10.5.3 already. I think I've narrowed it down though. Before I did all of my updates, Atmosphere and Trilogy worked reasonably well, for a wrapped rosetta fudged plug in... Now they take forever to load up and generally introduce a hell of a lot of unresponsiveness and instability in to the system. I will have it all up and running... I WILL have it all up and running.... etc
  • Rounik Admin
    By the way, there are other spectrasonics users who've noticed that atmosphere and trilogy aren't running too well in 10.5.3 in the intel wrapper..... Christian, do you use the above on 10.5.4? Rounik
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638] Christian, do you use the above on 10.5.4? Rounik[/quote] Yes. 10.4.11 on my G5 and 10.5.4 with my MacBook. Hey Rounik, did you send your Omnisphere remix ?
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:1687] Hey Rounik, did you send your Omnisphere remix ? [/quote] No :-( The samples are really inspiring but I've been too busy recently to devote much time to creating in Logic... I might give it a shot in August as a personal project ;-) What about you, did you send your omni remix?
  • Cajypiu
    Omni remix!? Where.. what... whom.... when? So Christian, do you recommend going up to 10.5.4 for running trilogy/ atmosphere? Even my euphonix software is playing up now. Double drat. Cheers for the help guys. j
  • Rounik Admin
    ??? You didn't know that Spectrasonics are working on a new synth: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/gear&id=7127[/url] and that there was a remix competition that closed very recently... [url]http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/2008/omnisphere-remix-contestsoundset-announced/[/url] Check out the videos of Omnisphere via the first linked - very inspirational! BTW, Omnisphere will be released in september this year I believe.
  • Cajypiu
    Ah ok, I knew that Omni was up and coming and is probably what is going to replace atmosphere... but I didn't know about the remix competition. That arpeggiator snapping to Stylus looks wicked!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: