macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toine
    remove unused audio files
    Hi, I noticed that even if you delete a track with audio in it, Logic keep the audio file on the hard disk. Is there a possibilty in Logic to clean all those files and to keep only those one who are still in the project. I come from Cubas and there it was possible, but don't know if Logic got that stuff. Thx Antoine
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: remove unused audio files
    Hi toine, In Logic go to the Audio Bin. Edit > Select Unused Press the delete key and it will clear the audio files which are NOT in the Arrange from your project. ----- Also, if you record audio in Logic, pressing the delete key will bring up a preference pane asking if you want to delete the audio file from the disk or keep it. Cheers Rounik
  • toine
    Thx, you realy are fantastic to reply so quickly !!! Sorry I ask so basic question, and I'm sure that if I read some documentation or search for what I need I would be able to find it, but as an amateur I rarely find the time and when I'm busy I want to use Logic and make music instead of looking for it's features. The more I use Logic the more I like it !!! Some tutorials are great and the forum is the best!!! I'm a very happy customer!! Antoine from Belgium
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Antoine, Thank you for your kind words :-) Please feel free to ask any question no matter how big or small. We're more than happy to help! Take care, Rounik
  • Lure
    I just did this and it removed them from the bin, but the audio files are still on my hard drive and the logic project is actually bigger now. Is there a way to not only delete the unused audio files form the bin, but erase them form the hard drive? jeff
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, Yes. Select the audio files and choose Audio File > Delete file(s) or command-Delete or Control-delete them... The deleted files will be removed from your project folder and placed in the Trash... where you can review them and/or delete them permanently from your hard disk. I'm not near Logic right now but believe this should work just fine... Cheers Rounik
  • Lure
    Thanks. I selected them and deleted, but they weren't moved to the trash. I'll try the 'control' option. jeff
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jeff, Yes... if you select a file and press "Delete" on your keyboard it will ONLY remove the file from the Audio Bin in Logic... but the files will remain in the 'Audio Files' folder in your project folder. You need select the files in the Bin and either 1. Choose Audio File > Delete File(s) or 2. Control+Delete/Backspace :) Rounik btw... did you know your forum alias (name) is "remove unused audio files"? You can change your name by clicking on the forum settings link in the right column of this page. :)
  • Lure
    haha! thanks. i put that in where i was asked to enter the forum title and next thing i saw it was my alias! fixed now.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs! Let us know if you have any other questions :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: