macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toine
    recording voice
    Hi, I'm making a demo for my band and started to mix a bit. And have a few questions: 1. I have a perception 200 and it clips very easily, even if I put the -10db on the mike. Also because of that the singers can never hear them through the headphones while recording. Is it just my lack of being an sound ingeneer or does Logic have a solution for that? 2. When I'm mixing some part of course are harder than others. For hte moment I use the change Gain function in the sample editor to try to get it a bit even. I have to cut a lot to change the gain to every new region I create. Again I was wandering if there was no solution for this. Maybe it wold be a great idea to make a tutorial how to record voice the best? Antoine
  • mtec
    Re: recording voice
    Hi, Can u not turn down the gain on ur mixer or soundcard to take the mic signal down? u could try adding a compressor to the signal. this will be recorded though but it will stop any clipping.use alittle maybe 3.1 or 4.1 ratio. check the web, theres loads of good articles on compressing vocals. 1-Open the environment. 2-Select New >Channel Strip > Input. 3-In the Inspector, select the correct Input(s) under channel. 4-Insert the compressor on the Input Channel Strip. Voila! The effected signal will be recorded. Please note that you won't be able to remove it. Q 2 . try using automation to automate volume levels throughout the song. check the manual and also maybe check out SFLogicninja on you tube, he has done many good vids on all different logic functions.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: